Where did my spree go?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by idisrsly, May 25, 2010.

1. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I am 99% certain I've been posting more than two posts a day (excluding Sub-Talk posts). I just noticed this morning my spree is on two days, which must means something happened over the weekend to my spree - but I posted a lot over the weekend?

Can someone check for me where and if I really did loose my spree?

kthxbai

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Your posts on May 22 (24 hours of server time, which is i think, 9am your time the 22nd up to 9am your time the 23rd?) were all made in forums where posts don't count.

3. idisrsly

That's not fair at all. I made 3 posts (two in religion and one in football/soccer) between 24h01 and 09h00 on the 22nd and one in v.i.p. lounge at 09h15 on the 23rd, but because of stupid time zones, I am now down to zero from a hard earned over 40 days spree!

Plus, I have been checking my daily posts frequently to make sure that my spree is on track, so I can only imagine that it switched over to 1/2/3 after 12pm my time. This happens often actually (I am often on GF till 3am on weekends, so have noticed this in the past).

Anyway, if that's what it is, then fine. I just won't bother to get a spree going again, I guess, as I was really getting into it there and the disappointment really sucks!

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I posted for more than a 100 days, twice a day, and I never got my spree.

5. idisrsly

I remember seeing your thread a little over a month ago, I think it was. It's surprisingly upsetting when you are working towards something and loose it on a technicality. Which is why I will just write off the spree idea now. Why work for it and then just loose it! Nah, I don't have the patience for such things. I think I'll just make sure I am never over 10 days, then the disappointment can't be as bad!

6. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

I willingly gave up my spree. I'd be surprised if I even hit Premium status by the time my year runs out.

It's all about the chat award.

7. idisrsly

I would imagine you would be pretty pissed off if your chat spree dropped to zero because of time zone issues, no?

I would never have willingly given up on my posting spree... I was working hard on that! Ah well. No use crying about it now (although, I will be sulking for a while longer, as I am a drama-queen).

8. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Haha, chat spree. I know what you mean, not trying to push your buttons.

And yes, I don't know how it's calculated but I've seen it drop during and after a long chat period, I even made a post about it once too. 40-some-odd-days is an achievement like any other that would be disappointing to lose, I agree!

Hope it gets fixed!

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You know what...I remembered suddenly that the spree award has changed to be based on our timezone. :hmm:

lemme search :bolt:

ok, back: http://www.generalforum.com/site-news/spree-awards-now-time-zone-based-59284.html

So technically, you should not have lost your spree award status. How long have you had your first spree award? If it's recent maybe the day counter just restarts for the next award? I don't really pay attention much to the sprees, otherwise I'd have been more OC about its workings. :lol:

PS. Keyos, I just saw your thread. I'm surprised you just let it go, haha. I'll send the link to Hybrix and hopefully he'll have time to look into it before he leaves. If not, I suggest next time that if certain posts here have not been attended to, just bump it shamelessly (after a decent amount of time has passed). And we'll try to nag our lone admin about it, if he still missed it. :madame:

10. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, I was pretty much bumping it for about two weeks non-stop and nothing was done about it so I had no reason to think it would be. I just gave up. :dunno: