• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Where are the entry level IT jobs????

wbmstrz

I'm a recent IT graduate. Had an internship where I didn't learn a thing. Just graduated and cannot find any entry level IT job that don't ask for at least 2 years experience!!! Very discouraged and depressed. I think I got into the wrong field!!! :(

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
No matter what experience an employer is looking for send in your cv with a cover letter saying that you are highly motivated and a good worker and that you believe that you will fit nicely into the company etc, etc.
You might not get an interview but if you don't try you won't know if they are actually looking for ppl like you after all. Skill is important but personality and knowledge can do just as good.

lazareth1

I agree with wbmstrz. I graduated in 2007 and since then, sent out loads of CVs and I never ever got 1 interview. I also agree bordie that your personality etc counts, but if I don't even get an interview how am I to prove myself?

In the end, I moved to Hong Kong where I am now and within 2 months I got a job as well as having my weekdays filled with interviews! The job I'm in just now isn't completely IT related, but I'm a support engineer for IPTV so I am getting the experience I need for when I do return to the UK.

starfx6464

Awesome
A company I'm going to be working for starts people out in tech support but from there they can go pretty much anywhere. That might be an alternative for you to broaden your search. But also do Boredie said, you gotta hoar out your resumé like you're workin' the corner. Seriously.

starfx6464

Awesome
Unfortunately it is not in the UK. But I have to imagine a number of other places would do that sort of thing. Just keep your eyes open and don't try to pigeon hole exactly what you want to do. Sometimes you gotta work your way up.

lazareth1

Yeah I know what you mean. Kinda like my job the now. I'm not complaining about it! Im doing general IT stuff along with some networking thrown in, inc Cisco. But also this is to support broadcasting so I also get an insight into that industry too.