• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Where Are Some Good Photoshop Tutorial Sites?

leopard22

Registered Member
I'm a pretty average Photoshop user. Not being a designer, I just use it now for pretty basic stuff with images, but I used to work at a college where I used it a lot. I got to the point where I could put a baby's head on an alien, kind of like the National Enquirer or take out my ex from family pictures :lol:

Does anyone know a really good place to access some free Photoshop tutorials? I know there are a ton of sites around there, as it seems to be so popular a topic for tutorials (even though I think a lot of people don't have the software because it's so darn expensive), but I'd be interested if anyone knows a good one that I could use to re-sharpen my skills in PS.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
A favorite of mine is www.photoshopcafe.com. It has some great tutorials, as well as some great examples of what can be done with PhotoShop.

They have awards that they post for some of the best images submitted, and some of them look literally like real life photos.

Take a look around there and see what you can learn there. :)

Albey

Registered Member
Thank ya andrew, i was also wanting a good photoshop tut. website. I like this one. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Yes, thanks Andrew. That looks like an incredible site. He's done a great job with screenshots and looks like the steps are laid out well.

I really like that he's got tutorials on PS and Dreamweaver together, as those as the two tools I'd like to learn how to integrate further. One thing I never had time to learn was how to slice and dice a page up - okay, well, slice. He's got a great tutorial on that and I can't wait to find some time to go through it.

I'll let you know how I do :nod:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I spent all day today slicing and dicing images into a page. It's been stressful at times, but I finally just finished fixing the table problems.

I'm a big fan of embedding tables in tables in tables in tables.. It can become a REAL pain though if you miss one
HTML:
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
later on in the page... :(