When your team is not in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by padd, May 2, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

Well how do you feel?
    do you give a shoot?
    do you still watch the games anyways?
    do you not watch the games?

This thread doesn't concern Jeanie because her Red Wings have been making the playoffs since before I was born probably.

2. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I actually follow 3 NHL teama and they are in order
    Penguins
    Sabers
    Red Wings

In fact Hockey is the only sport I follow even though I almost gave it the heave ho like I did the other major sports.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm very angry when my team doesn't make the playoffs, I even cry sometimes to be honest with you.

I still watch the playoffs because it's entertaining hockey

Like my team got eliminated in the second round, I still watched the third round games because there enjoyable to watch.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I don't tend to pay attention until the third round. I mostly just watch the Eastern Conference as:

a) I don't normally get to see them.
    b) I hate most of the teams in the West, particularly the good ones (Anaheim, Dallas, Detroit)

5. IsLeS12395

IsLeS12395 New Member

HOckey is hockey even if your teams dont make the play offs, or get eliminated, if your a hockey fan you just root for other teams you like or against teams you dont like. Hockey is the most exciting, fastpaced-hardhitting-action packed game in the world. Even though my Islanders didnt make the playoffs, my second favorite team, the avalanche still did, but when they got eliminited (by the red wings) i still keep watching the play offs , one because its the only hockey left on TV, and two hockey is hockey it doesnt matter whose playing its just an amazying game to watch, you never know wats going to happen

6. DANtheMAN12395

DANtheMAN12395 New Member

7. padd

padd Registered Member

Hockey is hard to watch without my Habs in the playoffs. You don't just root for another team.. there's no passion in that. Unless your not a real fan, or something. Then again as a Canadian I root for the only Canadian team left.. you know how long it's been that Canada hasn't won a Cup, and it's our game too. This year makes it even harder to watch, the final four was all American. :mad:

8. canadian24

canadian24 Registered Member

Well when my main teams are ousted from the playoffs there are still a few teams in that I would like to see doing okay so I usually go for them. Plus hockey is hockey so why not give a watch. If not it'll be an even longer off season.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This is the third straight year the Blues have missed it so I've gotten kinda used to it :(

10. padd

padd Registered Member

I gotta ask you though, How do you go 25 straight years making the playoffs and not winning 1 cup.. I mean where's the law of averages there.. lolll