When your plans fall through....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smelnick, Jun 15, 2009.

?

When your plans fall through, what do you do?

1. Get enragified (filled with rage) and rant and blog and facebook and im about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Phone up more friends and make new plans

23.1%
  3. Stay on the positive side and just enjoy an evening off

53.8%
  4. Other

23.1%
  1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

....,what do you do?

So you got something you're going to in the evening. Lets say, a night at the bar perhaps. And everything is all planned, got your ride arranged and everything. In the hour before it's time to leave, everyone phones and cancels, or something happens and they can't come etc etc. Now you're left with no plans whatsoever. What do you do?

Do you phone other friends and make new plans? Do you just sigh, sulk and complain on facebook? Or do you just think positive, and enjoy a relaxing evening at home? Or do you do something else?

Myself, I like to think positive. I rarely complain about it, I don't see the point. I don't let it get me mad. I just make myself comfortable at home and go with the flow.

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll either make new plans with other friends, or just stay positive and stay home. It really depends on how the day leading up has been, and how cold it is. Most of the time i'll just stay home, and be happy about the money i've saved.

3. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

If my plans fall through im immediately texting and im'ing people to try and set something else up.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I usually try to make new plans with other friends. Usually if I intend to go out that night I am usually going out one way or another.

5. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

It depends on what kind of plans they were. If it was something with friends I'd just stay home or do something else.

6. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

My circle of friends is pretty small (4-5 people) so if my plans fall through then generally my other options are limited. I generally become pretty pissed, but I don't hold it against them because I've done the same thing in the past.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

If every part of my plan fails irrevocably (say I want to visit family and my car dies), I work on the problems interrupting my plan and reschedule it to a later date. If a later date cannot be arranged (say this was for a funeral and/or wedding) I pull out any possible stops to ensure the achievement of this goal (like calling relatives who would be passing near me anyway, or ones that wouldn't but would still be willing to go out of their way a little, perhaps with a friend's help to reach a good meeting point if possible). If the date cannot be pushed back, and alternate modes of fulfillment for my plans do not exist, I scrap them and focus on other things, like what's next or what halted my ability to fulfill my plans.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I just stay positive and look for something else to do, maybe call up other mates but if not just chill around.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I'd be disappointed, consider going out with others or if that doesn't work, I'll relax at home

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd be really disappointed and stay home and sulk. If it was something I was really looking forward to and I was dressed up and ready to go then I'd be pretty pissed. I wouldn't try and make new plans with other people because I wouldn't enjoy it as much. It wouldn't take me too long to get over it but I'd still be in a huff and stay home.