When your meal is wrong?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Mirage, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you do when you order one thing and get another, or your meal isn't prepared in the way you specified?

If it's a small detail then I won't usually worry about it but I won't tip as much either. If it's something entirely different then I'll say something. Sometimes that means I get to eat two meals because they will leave the first and won't charge for it. :D

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

where do you go where you get 2 meals? Lol if somethings wrong with mine they take away my plate and then bring it back to me.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

They normally take the plate away when my order is wrong too. lol

But yes, I say something. The tips are for the waitresses who wait on you, it's not always their fault if something comes out wrong...so I don't let my tip affect that unless the wait staff was rude when I said something.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

If they fuck it up bad, I'll ask for it to be corrected but if it's something small like asking for a burger without tomatoes and then I get tomatoes, I won't complain. However, I will tip less because for all they know, I'm allergic to tomatoes and that would have definitely been problems for them.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I usually don't make a fuss if it's something small, but if my meal is totally wrong then I'll definitely say something. I'm paying for this meal so I should receive it the way I asked for it.

My tip won't effect the waitress either, like AK mentioned a lot of times it's not their fault the meal is wrong.

6. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I agree that it's certainly not the waitresses fault if it comes out wrong, that is the kitchen's fault. If it's a small detail, I just deal with it. If it's a whole different meal, then I will say something about it. They are usually really busy though, so I don't like to bother them much if I don't have to.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If I'm eating in a restaurant then I'd tell them to change it. If I've ordered takeaway and it's only a small thing wrong I won't bother. If the thing I was most looking forward to wasn't amongst the food then I'd complain.

8. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

The waiter brings the wrong meal, it's their fault and my tip for them will be less. I would demand the meal I had ordered. If it's a chicken instead of beef burger I will let it slide.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This is my weakness. I usually am the last person to complain about something but when it comes to food in the restaurant (especially when not fast food), I'm picky. Maybe it's because I agree to pay for more when I go out and eat (while I could have just prepared it myself at home) so I want more value for my meal, which includes correct preparation and good service. And my patience level is affected by my hunger. I may not tip depending on how the server dealt with my concern.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  10. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I usually won't say anything unless it's really wrong and I don't like the other stuff nearly as much.