• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When You Think Of.... #1

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So I am gonna start a discussion series here... promote debate...

When you think of ____________, you think of ________________.

So. Here is the first one:

When you think of the Intercontinental Championship in the WWE, you think of...? (who? what?)

Well for me, I think of Chris Jericho and the "honor" of holding that title.

Y2J is a record 9-time IC Champ. No one has matched that. Also, the prestige behind the title is immense. HHH, HBK, Mr. Perfect... a lot of legends have held the title.

So what do you think of?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I think of Bret Hart, I think of the Greatest Wrestler of all-time. Bret Hart was the best in my eyes, in his entire career he's only injured one wrestler and that was Macho Man(broke his arm) Bret didn't make a lot of mistakes in the ring, and he was a physical wrestler.

Everyone trusted him when he stepped in the ring. For an example, during the '91 IC match between Hart and Perfect, Henning didn't want to defend the title that night since his back was injured, but Vince said he needed to wrestle, so the only wrestler he trusted was Bret.

Not only was he a great single star, but he was in one of the greatest tag teams of all time, The Hart Foundation.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I meant for you to answer my question in the original post, Babe. This will be a series of topics. :)

Thanks, haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I think of the Intercontinental Championship I think of many things. First thing is Pat Patterson, a French-Canadian who was the first person to win the title. Then I think of Honky Tonk Man who had the longest reign with the title, he kept it for One Year, Two Months and 27 Days. He loss it to Ultimate Warrior in 31 seconds though.

Then you have great champions like Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Tito Santana, Rick Rude, Chris Jericho and many more.

Unfortunately the belt has been a big joke during the last few years. But I do like that Ziggler has made a good champion since winning the belt.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Unfortunately the belt has been a big joke during the last few years. But I do like that Ziggler has made a good champion since winning the belt.
Ziggler has brought a bit of prestige back. Hopefully he holds in for a while.

Bret Hart came to mind for me as well!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Y2J came straight to mind for me.

I just remember him having it a lot while I was growing up and him doing a really good job with it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Y2J came straight to mind for me.

I just remember him having it a lot while I was growing up and him doing a really good job with it.
He carried it well for sure. His feud with Rey last year for it was def. some good wrestling.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I thought of the Attitude era and Pre - Attitude era when that belt meant something.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I thought of the Attitude era and Pre - Attitude era when that belt meant something.
Trips comes to mind when you say that. He held that title and held it well.

An interesting stat came up in conversation with a friend of mine yesterday. There are 25 active, healthy, superstars on Raw today. 17 on SD. Should the better mid card title (IC), go to Raw? or should it stay on SD?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Daniel Bryan is making the US Title look strong, so I rather have the US Championship stay on Raw for the time being. SD has great midcarders and Ziggler is making the IC title look strong as well...but not as good a Bryan. I really hope they unify these belts soon because right now the US Title looks stronger than the IC title, no offense to Ziggler, but he doesn't have much competition right now.