When you invite someone over..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Sep 21, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

..at your house for dinner/party, do you prepare everything yourself [cooking, drinks, deserts ..etc] or those who are invited help you with everything?
    When I invite a friend over I do everything myself. Don't know if it's right or wrong, all I know is that it's very tiring and stressful.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I prepare everything myself or my brother will help me out. Sometimes I'll get a little help from the company I invited but I always tell them that they don't need to. Some of them feel bad that we're "stuck" to do everything so they insist on giving a hand.

3. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I don't get my guests to help me with anything. Infact, I don't do anything myself either. I just usually order out or maybe get a pizza delivered or something.

4. Double-R

Double-R Registered Member

If I'm having guests over, I don't want them lifting a finger. Either I'll be the one getting things prepared and get things for company on-the-fly or someone from the family will help me.

There's the occasional person that will insist because they'd feel bad for me having to make so many runs but, that's how I was raised. *shrugs*

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't normally get my guests to do anything. It depends on how close I am with them though, and if they have a signature dish or finger food that I love...then I may ask them to bring it over with them.

Otherwise I'll do everything myself. I actually enjoy cooking for party type things.

6. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

I make my guest do everything.... Hey, if they wanna come over and smoke my weed and drink my beer, they have to work for it........

7. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

It really depends on who the guests are. Most of them I do everything myself; but there are some close friends I know who like to help out and those I let give me a hand. They have to be really, really good friends though.

8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I do everything myself. I don't ask my guests to do anything. If they offer then I will say they don't have to, but sometimes they will insist.

I think that if I've invited them over, then I should be the one doing the work etc.

9. Livvy

Livvy Registered Member

I do everything myself as well. I love hosting especially around Christmas. The more people in my house the better

10. lefoto

lefoto Registered Member

Guests shouldn't have to do anything. Except for really close friends, they are usually the exception.