When you get offended

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When you get offended, do you do anything about it?

Are there some cases where you just brush it off, and others where you will explode? Examples?

I tend to just ignore things that offend me. Generally people don't want to change how they say things or do things anyway, so showing offense will just cause more problems than ignoring it if you ask me.

2. Midget

Midget Registered Member

I am not going to be much help here. But I don't really get offended. If it is someone saying things trying to hurt my feelings, I laugh at them because if you have to make yourself feel better or bigger for verbally attacking someone then you are sad.

But sometimes people are just ignorant or stupid. And you can't get offended by that. Although ignorance drives me up a wall. Although I am pretty good at throwing insults back in shear fun. :)

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

More often than not I'm not easily to offend. Every once in a great while though someone pushes my buttons just right. I dont feel I explode so much as just make my opinion known. Its more of a venting on the topic rather than biting the persons head off though. Like smoking for instance, I'm not a smoker and I completely understand that people actually believe they have to smoke. But when I hear smokers complaining about Rules that benefit Non-Smokers, it really pisses me off. I think the only times my blood pressure has really gone up here on GF is when I've gotten to deep in the smoking related discussions :hah:

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I honestly can't think of anything that offends me. At least not something anyone could do over the internet. Maybe I will after reading other peoples answers.

If something did offend me then I'd just brush it off. I'm way too easy going and unconfrontational to get upset and kick up a fuss. I try to stick up for what I believe in but to be honest people aren't going to change their ways just because I find them offensive so to me theres no point in getting worked up about it.

5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

It really takes a lot to truly offend me. I can brush off ignorance and stupidity pretty easily, but I do have my buttons, and when they are pushed just right I will explode. My friends know just what my buttons are, and sometimes they push them on purpose just to see me go off. Nice, huh? :rolleyes:

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

it depends on the situation. if its meant to hurt me or a friend i will flip out, unless the person saying it just doesn't know what they're saying. i'll allow ignorance once.

7. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't get offended easily. And most of the time I just joke about something that could potentially offend me. Actually, I don't think I've been in many situations where someone does offend me. Ha. I think I offend other people more often, not on purpose though, of course.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

This is true for me as well, but since friends have done that, I've pretty much brushed off whenever I got offended so that this wouldn't happen in the future.

9. Megsy

Megsy Registered Member

A lot of the time if someone is offending me they're only doing it jokingly. Most people never say anything purposefully hurtful to me unless we're in some kind of argument. I usually just give some form of sarcastic reply and brush it off. Or I'll insult them back.

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

When I get offended, I usually brush it off, but if it is a repetitive thing, then i'll eventually blow my lid. One thing I cannot stand is men being derogatory (sp?) to women. Gets me every time.