When you duel...................

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
.................does your heart race? Do you feel as if you are under exstrem pressure? Do you sweat a lot? I know I do when I have intense games. When they aren't intense then I'm calm, but when there is a lot on the line I just can't help it. What about the rest of you.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
No. I'm very calm, unless I end up getting some amazing streak of luck or bad luck. It's like Poker in a way, you need to stay calm to keep yourself from getting flustered or full of yourself when your luck or playing is good or bad.

I remember dueling this kid at the dawn of LON, when I had a Hayabusa Knight deck. It was my first duel of the tournament. His deck was loaded with all the new cards, 3 Geminis, 3 Kycoo's, United We Stand, and Mage Power. He did 7900 damage to me first turn. As hopeless as it looked, let's just say I ended the day 12-0 and obviously, I won the tourney. It was because I kept a strong focus and didn't let bad luck phase me or break my concentration.

C

Cheekie3

i get kind of nervous when i make it far, nad/or have to play a pro player.

but then i don't usually make it far so its not too much of a problem xD

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Merc said:
No. I'm very calm, unless I end up getting some amazing streak of luck or bad luck. It's like Poker in a way, you need to stay calm to keep yourself from getting flustered or full of yourself when your luck or playing is good or bad.

I remember dueling this kid at the dawn of LON, when I had a Hayabusa Knight deck. It was my first duel of the tournament. His deck was loaded with all the new cards, 3 Geminis, 3 Kycoo's, United We Stand, and Mage Power. He did 7900 damage to me first turn. As hopeless as it looked, let's just say I ended the day 12-0 and obviously, I won the tourney. It was because I kept a strong focus and didn't let bad luck phase me or break my concentration.
Merc you realy are that damn good. I wish I could have played yo back in your prime. Oh well. For being so good you get karma.

Cheekie3:
Don't say things like that. You have what it takes to make it up t here. The pro players are the same as you and I. Don't let fear take over just becuase they are who they are. Just get in there and have a clear head.

F

Fauyd1

Im probably the most nonchalant player there is, the better the person I play against the better I play, I dont get nervous I just think a little more. the only time I get really get nervous at all is if I am siding, in the late game when I am topdecking, and when I play against Stein. I also never get upset, Im too mellow, and burnt out for that, well that and the realization that its a children's card game. lol.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Fauyd1 said:
Im probably the most nonchalant player there is, the better the person I play against the better I play, I dont get nervous I just think a little more. the only time I get really get nervous at all is if I am siding, in the late game when I am topdecking, and when I play against Stein. I also never get upset, Im too mellow, and burnt out for that, well that and the realization that its a children's card game. lol.
I'm surprised a player lik eyour self would call Yu-Gi-Oh! a childs game when we aren't children and most dueliest treat this as a cash game.

Moving on why do you get nervous in those situations?

S

SexyKungFuSammy

in Most Duels i Phyche out the new players or younger kids since I can keep an entirely straight poker face which has won me duels because they are afraid of attacking or reacting to anything since they can't tell if i get a good hand or not.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
When I duel...I am calm..I am not like an sweating dog..

I play carefully and that calms me...

Why would anybody sweat in an duel?

Its just for fun