• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When you debate...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
...with your significant other and you're mad, what do you do afterwards?
You try to calm down and start having the talk all over or you just leave the place and get out without saying a word?

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
We don't debate. We disagree, yes. We just don't debate. He has his opinions and I have mine but it's not worth arguing about.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I leave the place without saying a word, and talk about it the next day. I don't run away from my problems, but I do give it a day so I don't say anything that I don't mean.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Depending on how heated the debate was, I'd usually say something I didn't mean and regretted later on and then walk away. She pretty much did the same. Haha.

Dabs

Registered Member
I walk away.
I have never been hit by a husband.....but I have hit one.
I'm not afraid to slap that MFer upside the head if need be....but, it's best to walk away...at least for a bit.

Pocketfizz

Registered Member
If it gets too heated I try to calm down but I never walk away from problems either does he. I rather sort things out there and then.

Dabs

Registered Member
Some people say...never go to bed mad, try and work it out.
But like Phyllis Diller says....never go to bed angry, stay up and fight all night and beat each other's brains in.
Of course, she was being funny......but sometimes, walking away is better than saying something you might regret later, just my opinion~

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I talk and talk and talk (calmy and lengthily) until I'm exhausted and when I'm tired and know that I'm getting emotional and prolly irrational, I stop talking and I stop listening and say, Pause.

Lemonv1

Registered Member
We don't debate. We disagree, yes. We just don't debate. He has his opinions and I have mine but it's not worth arguing about.
This. I've never had an argument argument with my gf at all [and never in person with my ex] so we've never had that awkward moment of "what do I do / where do I go now?".

As for disagreements, we normally don't get too bothered by them. Or one of us will just change the conversation.

When I have a debate I make sure it is of the mass
Also a little bit of this.