When you buy non-fresh foods...

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Are you particular with checking the list of "Ingredients" (no matter how technical some terms can get) or "Nutrition facts" (calories, etc.)? Or do you just look at the expiration date (if ever, lol)?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I just look at the expiration date...unless the main ingredient isn't obvious. Example, if I'm buying frozen burgers I don't need to see what other stuff they put aside from the beef.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I've learned to look at expiration dates on a few items when I know they aren't really sold that often due to lack of popularity but other than that it's fair game.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I glance at all packaging it plays a big part in influencing me what I purchase;

the Ingredients. I judge it by how long it is, I dont know enough to consider if what should or should not be in there, it depends how tampered the product is if it is a short essay then I ll put it down, if their are 4 or 5 items listed then its in the basket.

the Nutrition; I dont care to much for calories or fats; it is salts and sugars that worry me, they offer a quick and easy guide.

the Expiration date; I care little for, I make my own judgement whether food is fit to eat. Most of it is just red tape anyway.

The odd thing is that when you buy fresh food it contains no ingredients, no nutrition and no expiration date. We just have faith in it!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Yes, I read the ingredients and the nutrition label. always.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The odd thing is that when you buy fresh food it contains no ingredients, no nutrition and no expiration date. We just have faith in it!
True about nutritional facts, lol. As for expiration date, when I buy something fresh it's not relevant to me because I'm most likely to consume it immediately. For non fresh items, I do it for stocking and I'd like to know how much time I have before the purchase goes to waste.