• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When will the remaining top free agents sign?

Habsfan2500

There are still a couple top free agents left on the market like Brunner, Grabovski and Morrow and there is no news or rumors lately on where they sign with just under 30 days till camp could it be that they aren't signed by then, well judging on how a russian often goes back to Russia I wouldn't be surprised to see Grabo go back as for Morrow its been a while but he is likely to choose to go to the habs, and brunner the devils well you never know what happens

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Grabovski is a giant donkey and deserves to play in peewee for life. It's strange not seeing someone sign Brunner by now. He's got talent and only 26-27. He's worth the risk unless he's asking for something he is not worth. Morrow... depends on his health and if teams have the right assurance on his health. What about Tim Thomas? ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, I don't understand why Brunner hasn't signed yet. Maybe his camp is asking for more money than he deserves? Maybe, he knows that if he can't get what he wants in the NHL he'll get it in the KHL. I would really like for Montreal to sign him to be honest with ya. I think he'd be a great addition to the team. They could definitely use his services in the shootout.

Regarding Grabovski, I think he's a headache to deal with and a lot of teams want to stay away from him. He's a good little player(wasn't worth the money the Leafs gave him) but he can put points on the board.

I think if Morrow signs, it will be for a one-year contract worth a million or so. He doesn't bring it like he used too anymore.,

Habsfan2500

Ya, I'm sure if cap didn't go down Brunner would be already signed, and if we do get Morrow it will probably be a 2 year 5M, 2.5 M per season cause we apparently offered him that

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Another player that I'm surprised hasn't re-signed or signed a new deal yet, is Dan Cleary. He'll be turning 36 this season but his experience and playing for the Red Wings for so long can help both young and playoff teams. I'll be shocked if Detroit actually doesn't re-sign him before the start of the season.

Sidenote: it'd be funny to see New Jersey sign him to have an all-Newfie line with Ryan Clowe and Michael Ryder.

Habsfan2500

Ya another guy I forgot is Brad Boyes could be a gr8 secondary scorer has some good offensive ability

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
To me, It's all about making space for players, likely destinations need to move to make space, you can't just scratch a top forward for 82 games, the right trade is what the GM's need to sign Boyes, Morrow, Grabovski ect....

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Rontzeeez said:
To me, It's all about making space for players, likely destinations need to move to make space, you can't just scratch a top forward for 82 games, the right trade is what the GM's need to sign Boyes, Morrow, Grabovski ect....
That's a good point. For example, I'd love for the Canadiens to sign Brenden Morrow but there's absolutely no room for him on the team. You can put him 4th line, but we already have an overpaid 4th liner in Travis Moen. But to add to your point, a guy like Grabovski is more attitude than fitting him in.