When will the Celtics lose?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by dmny500, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dmny500

dmny500 Registered Member

So I don't know if there's too many Celtics fans here or not but how long do you think they'll go undefeated? They're 7-0 right now and the only undefeated team in the NBA and playing great defense. I think they'll make it to 11-0 and then lose any other guesses?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

We have an NBA thread going. I posted about them in there last night I think. But yeah, the Celtics are looking great. They're killing everybody so far. Garnett, Allen, and Pierce on one team is just too much for anyone to handle, especially in the East. But we'll see how long they can keep it up. They're not a very deep team.

3. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

I would say 10-0 and they do have a chance for the championship considering how inferior the eastern conference is. THey have a great squad but they won't match the Bulls, 71-11 record though. That was a great Bulls team.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The Bulls were 72-10. I don't think that record will ever be beaten.

5. dmny500

dmny500 Registered Member

Yeah, that record is pretty impressive and I highly doubt it will ever be broken but you never know. As for the NBA thread I was unaware that we had an NBA thread here, I'll check it out.

6. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

Just imagine how much more dangerous they'd be if Reggie Miller came out of retirement back when the rumors were rampant. You could just rest him for the first three quarters and let him play 10 minutes a game and he'd still be a three-point threat no doubt.

72-10 will be never be surpassed. No way, even if the Celtics stay healthy for the entire season, it won't happen.

7. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

I found it amusing then all of the sportswriters constantly critisized the Celtics for trading thier young players off for Garnett. Funny how you dont hear much about that anymore...

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

That's true, but they're willing to shoot for a championship within the next few years rather than raise the young players. Garnett may be able to put up decent stats for about two more years, if I had to guess.

oh and undefeated? you're funny.

9. neum985

neum985 I pwn noobs

I say they will go about 65-17 i see that happening more than beating the bulls record.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Celtics have a great team, they're clicking on all cylinders right now. Garnett, Allen and Pierce are really playing well together, these three players are averaging 60ppg together. They're all hungry to win the Larry O'brien trophy.

When the season started there was a lot of questions about their depth, but I believe their bench has come up huge this season. You have players like House that will come off the bench and give you instant scoring, then you have Big Baby davis, who uses his big buddy to get offensive rebounds, and sets mean picks, Allen is a good player that comes off the bench and will give you some points and rebounds, he's very explosive. Then you have James Posey who does everything on the court, he's their number one option coming off the bench.

My biggest question mark before the season started was Pargo, I didn't know if he could carry this team, but so far it seems like he can. He's been a great point guard for this team, he's shooting a high percentage, and he's finding the open players. If he can keep it up, this team can go far in the playoffs.