• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When should I start using anti-aging products?

Interis

Registered Member
The advertisements of skin care products can get so overwhelming sometimes, with anti-aging as one of the most popular topics. I started to give more attention to it when I heard that one should start the anti-aging products at the age of 30. My first reaction was like "this is stupid, they just want to take my money". Am I wrong, though?

I'm yet to reach 30, but I don't think it hurts to prepare. My skin type is very oily, so anti-aging products may not suit me well, so I want to know if I really have to start using it soon.

Pepper

Registered Member
I am 38 years old and I have never used any anti-aging products. I just don't know what the craze is all about to be honest.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My guess is you should use them sooner rather than later if you want the full effect. Starting while your skin is younger will make it last longer without getting age signs. Most people wait until they have age signs and then they start. I don’t really do much myself though.

Keri35

Registered Member
I'm almost 40 and I don't use them. I have a couple of friends that have been using this stuff since they were 30. They don't look any younger than me.

I guess they say you should start younger to keep your face fresh.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not going to say they won't help at all but most of these anti-aging products won't do much. However if you have dry skin using moisturizer's will help cut down on the fine lines. What helps the most is not drinking, smoking, sunbathing and of course diet.

These stars that advertise the anti-aging products want you to think it helped them but I have a feeling it was a cosmetic surgeon that did the trick or touching up their picture or video.

MissMe

Registered Member
Anti-aging products won't get rid of wrinkles that are already there so it's better to start using the products before the wrinkles show up! The best thing you can use to keep your skin looking young is sunscreen.

Interis

Registered Member
I thought that anti-aging products (face cream, to be specific) works by stimulating the growth of new cells and remove the dead cells. It sounds possible to remove existing wrinkles that way. Now I start to question the concept of these products.

Would you say I'll be better off using sun cream or the acne/spot removal products at this age instead?

Impaired

Registered Member
At birth?

Carmelita

Registered Member
I watched a video the other day that really spoke to the idea of taking "anti-aging" drugs. Well, it wasn't really pushing drugs but vitamins that help your skin produce collagen and energy to repair themselves. I am very interested in this since I am 57. In the past 7 years, I have aged too much for my liking, so I was researching. The product is called Dermal Repair Complex for $39.95/month and if you watch the video and see what this contains, you will be surprised. And, yes, at 30 you should take this complex so your skin won't start sagging. You can, of course, buy the separate vitamins yourself but I would think the individual products would be more expensive. (These guys that produce this are Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeons.) This, by the way, is not a plug, just the results of my research, kinda FYI, if you will.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I personally think people should take a "start from within" approach when it comes to anti-aging. I think eating right, getting enough sleep, being mindful of environmental toxins and reducing stress is the best way to start your anti-aging regimen. Once you get comfortable doing all of that, then you can look outward and give more attention to your skin and what you put on it. It really can start at any age. Being mindful of sun damage is something that should start when children are babies and will have lasting positive effects long into old age.