When should Cena turn heel?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of people don't believe that Cena will ever turn heel, when I hear that I just tell him two words "Hulk Hogan"

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I personally believe the WWE are just waiting for the right time to turn Cena into a heel. It could be in a month or in three years. We don't really know when, but when he does it's going to be huge.

The question, is how long do you believe Cena should remain a face?

How would you turn him into a heel?

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

In a perfect world (for me), never. I really like him as a face, I wasn't around for his heel-ness early in his career. I'm sure people think the opposite of me though.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I say turn him at the top of his popularity. He's got the charisma to pull off a good heel character.

I really hate Chris Jericho as a heel, by the way. I hope Cena being a heel isn't as horrible as Jericho's current run as a heel.

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I really think the near future would be nice. He's still at the height of his career, in great shape, and over with a ton of the fans. He's been over as a face for a few solid years, I'd say pull the trigger on a heel turn before it loses its meaning.

As far as method, I'd love to see it done on the grandest stage of them all, lol, and as suddenly/surprising as possible. Not a gradual change and set of events, just one of those "Did he just do that?" moments. Turning on a bonified face loved by a lot of people, such as Rey Mysterio, would be a great way. I guess just like Batista; that worked really well.

5. Babe_Ruth

I believe Cena can be a great heel, there's already 50% of the fans that can stand him, so if the WWE make the turn perfect like WCW did with Hogan than he can have every fans hate him, even the little kids.

Cena needs to turn heel soon in my opinion, he's just to corny as a face, but that's because of the PG rating.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

He doesn't need to turn heel anytime period lol! He's still the companys top face, and unless that starts to change, depending on how the writers see fit, than he will be a face for a long time. Besides with this whole NEXUS thing going, they need a superman to take the group on, and Cena is the man lol!

I'd LOVE for Cena to go heel, but man I just don't see it, unless Mcmahons willing to go for it. I don't see why Cena would need to go heel, but it would be awesome just for sheer unpredictability.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I just don't see it happening anytime soon. John Cena has been a face for like 7 years, Unity. I'd say more than a few solid years :)

He was a face at Wrestlemania 20 and hasn't looked back.

Its the same situation as Hogan. Hulk was making a shit ton of a money as a face and Vince didnt want to mess with that. Well, WCW turned him heel and still made a ton of money off the NWO stuff! Make him the leader of Nexus or something...people might buy Nexus crap, who knows.

It would be a shocker if it would happen but wouldnt be at the same level as Hogan IMO. I'd do it though...when is another question.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Wrestlemania would be the perfect stage to do it, like Unity has already mentioned. Perfect setting that only needs an added shock value.

9. Babe_Ruth

It doesn't matter where it happens(obviously don't do it at a house show) but what really matters is how the WWE does it. I believe the WWE can easily do it, like I mentioned in a previous post Cena isn't loved by all, and if they can make fans hate Hogan by one leg drop then I believe they can easily turn Cena into a heel.

I just want it to happen soon since his character is getting really corny. I know it's not his fault, but I believe a heel turn would be huge for his career.

10. Shooting_Palanx

I honestly think it is his fault, his jokes are just as you've said...corny. Even if he came up with his own, it'll still have that same effect, but perhaps the PG rating has a lot to do with it.

I think it does matter where you do it, because Cena turning heel would have to be BIG, and what's bigger than Wrestlemania? lol...you're right about one thing...how they would do it, would definitely be crucial....hmmmm....