When RL Hits

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
"When RL Hits", aka "When suddenly you are super busy with non-internet stuff" for those new to the web...

How often does your schedule just get extremely hectic? I've been swamped lately with random stuff. What about you? Do you let your RL affect your free time or would you rather put off important things so you still have time to relax during hectic days?

I don't relax on hectic days. Instead I just knock out whatever I need to get done so I don't have to think about it later.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
My schedule gets extremely hectic at times but usually I find time to relax, read, or get on the internet just to chill. But if it get really bad, I do the same thing, I knock it out so I don't have to worry about it later.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
No matter how hectic my real life gets I make sure I have relaxation time for a few hours before sleep, even if it means I have to put something off to the next day, otherwise I get too stressed and can't sleep.

Never had the problem, to be honest. GF, for example. The whole time I've been here I've been on a year off from education, and only working a few days a week for several months. I don't even work anymore. RL has never interfered with relax time, at least, not physically.

Then again, I'm starting university in 3 weeks. My online activity probably won't be shortened by a whole lot. Nothing noticeable for anyone else, at least.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
"When RL Hits", aka "When suddenly you are super busy with non-internet stuff" for those new to the web...

What about you? Do you let your RL affect your free time or would you rather put off important things so you still have time to relax during hectic days?
RL does affect my free time but it doesn't mean that it's necessarily a nonrelaxing time. For example, a good vacation (and being depressed about its end, lol) can take my time away from the web.

Most of the times though, it's the other way. I get so stressed with RL that I use webtime to relax. I believe in giving yourself enough time to "break" from stressful situations in order to be more equipped to handle them later.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Most of the times though, it's the other way. I get so stressed with RL that I use webtime to relax. I believe in giving yourself enough time to "break" from stressful situations in order to be more equipped to handle them later.
This.
I'm mostly on here at work, so it's unlikely that I'll disappear because of RL issues. I get on the web at work when I'm bored, and when I'm stressed for a break.

If I'm on from home at all, it's normally because someone requested that I look at something, or I'm just browsing really quickly while halo is searching for a match.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I tend to disappear for a week or two at a time when work demands of me but otherwise I'm all good.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I don't feel that I get way too busy to even come online. Perhaps when I get a job and stuff, but right now since I'm in college and still a teenager I will always have spare time for the internet and if I don't I will try my hardest to get on the internet because I enjoy it too much.
But if I AM busy, I like to try and get it all out the way so I dont have to think about it while I relax.