• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When Is the Best Time to Work Out?

When do you go to the gym?

• Total voters

Shwa

V.I.P.
So I know that life is pretty hectic for a lot of people: Work, school, social activities get in the way of our fitness goals at times and it's perfectly natural. My question to you is pretty simple and straight forward, when do you work out in the day? Are you an early bird grinder? Afternoon pumper/after work achiever/ or are you a night owl kind of person?

Personally for myself, I work out in the late hours/early morning. Mostly for the fact that there are no crowds or lots of traffic during the late hours. No machines to wait for, it's not shoulder to shoulder, and there's no real hassle to hurry with a certain machine/weights for someone else to stand and wait to use. I enjoy the night owl hours, it's rather calm and there's no real rush or pressure, just my own time and flow.

~Shwa

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a gym at work, which helps a lot. So, I work out Monday-Friday, from 12:00-1:00. At times, I will do a bit of cardio on the weekends.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I work out in the early/mid evening. Usually in the range of 6-9pm. I don't have the morning energy to do it before work, and try to allow time after dinner. If it's the weekend, I may do an afternoon or late morning workout at times.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wake up at 4:30 every morning and I'm at the gym by 4:45. I stretch and warm up for about 10-15 minutes and begin my workout at exactly 5. I work out until 5:40 and then hit the treadmill until about 6:05. I do this Monday through Friday. Saturday I sleep in and am at the gym between 8 and 8:30. I take Sunday off.

CynthiaM

Registered Member
There's a 24-hour gym near my place and I go there at around 9-10 pm when I know there aren't a lot of people there. I don't like exercising when there are a lot of bodies around. Not a snob, just seen too much people more interested in taking gym selfies than actually working out.