When is Fan-Service too much?

kajinpl

Registered Member
As an anime watcher, there are some shows that go too far with the Fan service. Sometimes it's done with a comedic aspect which is tolerable, but other times it just feels unnecessary and almost every new anime I see there are alway a panty shots or excessively bouncing breasts. Is it just me or has it gotten to be too much?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I think in the Harem anime (when literally the whole anime is fan-service) it has gotten to the point where fan-service is the centerfold.

However I have found that most of the anime with a very in-depth plot, the fan-service if few and far between. I think in harem anime, comedy-romances, it has gotten very excessive in recent years.

So it's more noticeable in harems shows, but action/adventure shows like Black Lagoon, Deathnote, Gundam, I have seen little to none.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Deathnote, I have seen little to none.
I dunno man, the part where Misa was tied to a handtruck was pretty hot!

Anyhow there can be too much, but in all the anime I watch, the fanservice is proportional to the type of anime. Though to be honest I'm not much a fanservice kind of guy. Yeah I guess it's nice sometimes, but it's never ever been a reason for me to watch something.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
In death note misa wears next to nothing in a bunch of episodes, so I wouldn't say so about death note.

Fanservice gets really annoying when it's excessive and pointless.