When is Fan-Service too much?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by kajinpl, Jun 1, 2008.

1. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

As an anime watcher, there are some shows that go too far with the Fan service. Sometimes it's done with a comedic aspect which is tolerable, but other times it just feels unnecessary and almost every new anime I see there are alway a panty shots or excessively bouncing breasts. Is it just me or has it gotten to be too much?

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think in the Harem anime (when literally the whole anime is fan-service) it has gotten to the point where fan-service is the centerfold.

However I have found that most of the anime with a very in-depth plot, the fan-service if few and far between. I think in harem anime, comedy-romances, it has gotten very excessive in recent years.

So it's more noticeable in harems shows, but action/adventure shows like Black Lagoon, Deathnote, Gundam, I have seen little to none.

3. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I dunno man, the part where Misa was tied to a handtruck was pretty hot!

Anyhow there can be too much, but in all the anime I watch, the fanservice is proportional to the type of anime. Though to be honest I'm not much a fanservice kind of guy. Yeah I guess it's nice sometimes, but it's never ever been a reason for me to watch something.

4. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

In death note misa wears next to nothing in a bunch of episodes, so I wouldn't say so about death note.

Fanservice gets really annoying when it's excessive and pointless.

Vegito728 likes this.
  5. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Ikki Tousen....... now THAT is too much be awesome at the same time imo