• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When Goalies get Penalties

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why is it whenever a goalie gets a penalty he doesn't have to leave the game? Corey Crawford just gotta penalty in the Hawks/Blues game...

If you ask me the goalie should have to leave the game (still put a position player in the actual penalty box), for the length of time of the penalty and can only come back into the game whenever the time is up and there is a stoppage of play.

But hey, just a thought...it's probably crazy.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't know. They've always done it that way, or at least as far back as I can remember, which is about 25 years. I wouldn't mind seeing the goaltender go to the box and the backup goalie have to come in.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I kinda like the backup idea. That'd be interesting. Throw a player in the box and put the backup in for 2/4 minutes.

I'd be down for that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
And as far as I know nobody has ever ever ever discussed this before

So its a pipe dream haha

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That's a good point lol. I think that would be awesome,. if the goalie got a penalty, the backup has to go in for the length

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Hockey 9
Rontzeeez Hockey 2
StroShow Hockey 6
Millz Hockey 6
icegoat63 Hockey 5