• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When Does Christmas Lose It's Appeal?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Christmas as a child is a wonderful and magical time of the year. It's exciting for many reasons, presents, nice food and drink, good company and you're allowed to stay up late!!

But when does the excitement of Christmas fizzle out, when do you lose the passion?

For me Christmas and the excitement diminished when I started working, I'm always worn out so Christmas now is just a few days off work. Now that I earn my own money people don't know what to get me so the presents have become less exciting but more practical.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I think the 'magic of Christmas' takes longer to wear off if you have small kids in the house. Also, I think it comes back to you a little when you have your own kids. For me it lost its touch probably around 13 years old.

Bliss

Sally Twit
When I was old enough to go out and buy presents for people Christmas wasn't as exciting. I suppose as a child I was always spoilt on Christmas day and felt as though it was my day because I got so much attention.
As I got older and had to start spening money on people I realised it wasn't my day and then I started getting stressed because I had to buy for a lot of people.
Don't get me wrong I still still love Christmas, but I don't get that butterflies in my stomach feeling anymore.

snowflake

Registered Member
christmad lost its appeal wen i got older, i think its a time for kids ! if u have kids in ur home.. the christmas cheer will def be there !

wolfheart

Registered Member
I think the 'magic of Christmas' takes longer to wear off if you have small kids in the house. Also, I think it comes back to you a little when you have your own kids. For me it lost its touch probably around 13 years old.

I agree with you on this,the magic of Christmas started to dwindle away for me personally at around thirteen fourteen,but then i had my brothers little ones running around,and seeing the wonder in there eyes bought a little of that magic back.

Now i have my kids,its bought a lot more of the magic back into the occasion,this year will be great as my son is old enough to really enjoy the experience,there is something special in seeing your kids surrounded in wrapping paper.
Of all the things he gets this year,im still pretty certain that the large carboard box one of them is in will get more attention then anything else!.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
NEVER!

I love Christmas and now, even though my presents aren't exciting, I get to watch my kids have fun, then later, grandkids.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I agree! I see Christmas spirit in everyone! Young and old. Thats what keeps Christmas going! I dont think Christmas will ever lose its appeal.

Iris

rainbow 11!
When I noticed all of the Christmas stuff was put up and on display at stores before Thanksgiving. Plus the songs.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For me, Christmas lost significance when I stopped being as greedy (getting all those gifts), and then again when it lost the religious significance (because I don't believe any more).

DrewKP

Registered Member
While i'm greedy, Christmas hasn't held any appeal to me for a long time. I prefer to work for my own things not have them given to me. I think the lights are tacky and troublesome, and I simply don't feel an emotional attachment to the holiday at all.

I also don't think I should celebrate Christmas because i'm not christian, though the holiday has honestly developed a life of its own independent of religion.