• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss When do you get up in the morning?

dDave

V.I.P.
Over the last few years I’ve gone through some pretty radical changes in life.

I used to love sleeping in until 9, 10, and sometimes a bit later. These days I don’t ever sleep past 8:30am and that feels really late for me.

I get up at 6:30 every weekday and at 8 on the weekends.

I used to stay up until about 2am every night, no more. Now I go to bed by 10:30 most nights.

I guess growing up, getting a professional job, and getting married made me OLD. haha. I used to be the ultimate night bird and late riser, now I don’t even come close to delving into that.

When do you get up?

Impaired

Registered Member
Between 5-6 am every day whether I need to or not.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It all depends on if it's a workday or not. I am up much earlier on those days and still try my best to sleep in on off days. I live by myself and I have no kids, so sleep is a bit easier to come by. Haha.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I get up at 0430 and go to the gym. I get home, shave and shower, and am at the office by 0700.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've been doing it for a few years now, it has made me much more productive at work.
Do you eat after workout? I've had a habit for a few years to eat 30+ grams of protein within 30 minutes if waking up.
I think that would be difficult to do and then work out. I've also considered skipping breakfast completely and doing a high fat coffee instead.
Just curious what your breakfast looks like with an early workout.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was a time I use to stay up late and sleep until 9 or 10am but after years of getting up at 5am or so I don't no more. I get up between 6am and 7am. I go to bed about 9pm and watch TV until I fall asleep. I'll wake up sometime during the night and shut if off.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Do you eat after workout? I've had a habit for a few years to eat 30+ grams of protein within 30 minutes if waking up.
I think that would be difficult to do and then work out. I've also considered skipping breakfast completely and doing a high fat coffee instead.
Just curious what your breakfast looks like with an early workout.
I usually have coffee and I throw in some nuts into some yogurt, or I have a bowl of cereal. By mid morning I'm starving though, so I usually have a light snack at the office, like a protein bar.