• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When did you stop growing?

wolfy

Registered Member
At what age did you generally stop getting taller?

I ask because I will be 18 in a couple days, and still miserably short/wondering if there's any chance I will get out of the under-5-feet club in my lifetime. P:

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I've been the same size pretty much since i was 17 or so.... my favourite jacket that i wear through all of autumn i've had since i was 14.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
has your pituitary gland been checked? Are you abnormally short for your family?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I can't say exactly when I stopped growing but I know my growth slowed down drastically when I first had my menstruation at 11.

And I can say I wear a lot of clothes that I've worn back in high-school.

wolfy

Registered Member
has your pituitary gland been checked? Are you abnormally short for your family?
Pituitary gland? What is that / what does it do?

From what I recall most of my family are/were short, but at least at or above 5 feet.
I haven't seen him in a few years but even my (non-identical) twin brother had a few inches on me. :-/

ancredelamour

Registered Member
my whole family is small so we can all wear each others clothes between grandma [she wears awesome 80s gear still] my mom 4 sisters their mom, close cousins.... we are all between 5' and 5'4 thats about it. but boob sizes are different, 2 of us 5 sisters have small boobs and the other 3 have big boobs, all hippy

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
the pituitary gland regulates human growth hormone. But if most of your family members are/were short, and you're not quite 18, it doesn't sound like you're abnormal for your genetics. I'm just guessing, of course, not knowing anything else about you.

There are other medical reasons for having a small stature so if there's anything else going on with you physically and you can go to a doctor, I'd recommend it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was about 5'11 1/2" when I graduated from high school at 18 and grew to 6'0" (about half an inch) withing about a year afterwards and that was it.

faith1806

Registered Member
Frankly speaking, i have not got a larger size since i was 14. lol, but i am neither tall nor the contrary.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure I reached my max height when I was about 17. I know I was 6'1" or 6'2" when I was a junior or senior in high school.