• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When did you start gaming?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
How old were you, what console was it, which games?

For me it was when I was about 7 or 8, I used to play Tetris constantly on an original Gameboy.

After that when I was about 9 I got my first ever Gameboy Colour and started my Pokemon obsession with Pokemon Red.

Then it was PC and I got completely hooked on Age of Empires 2 for a few years before moving onto console.

viLky

ykLiv
I was around the same age as you and for me it was Nintendo with Super Mario 3. I loved that game. Even to this day if I pop it in I get all nostalgia-like. Feels good. ^.^

I didn't become 'addicted' until the Super Nintendo came out. After that, my parents knew they lost me. Spending hours on end playing Super Mario World, Final Fight, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Soul Blazer and Super Mario All-Stars (which, luckily had Super Mario 3!).

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'd say around age 5 or 6. My very first game was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!. I was obsessed with it, me and my uncle would play for hours and hours.

I've owned just about every system since the original Nintendo at one point or another.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
We got our first console in 1991 (NES), so that would put me at about 3 years of age. My dad "bought" it for me and my brother. My first games were Duck Hunt (hooray!) and Super Mario Bros. After that I had almost every console that ever came out - SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, PS etc.

I never really gave PC games a chance until I borrowed a copy of The Sims 2 from my friend. Good game, but its kinda boring.

Last edited:

flipsydog

Registered Member
Probably around 4 or 5 years old. We had the Sega Genesis (which I still play from time to time), and I used to play that one game that had the opossum with the jet pack. It was called Rocket something. Ever since then I've played video games constantly over the years.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think we've had a Sega Genesis since I was born! But I probably started gaming when I was 2 possibly 3. Sonic the Hedgehog was top of the line back then.

It's weird to think that I've been gaming for 15+ years!

We got a PC when I was 2 (It had Windows 95) I liked it. I played Pitfall the Mayan Adventure, Total Annihilation, Hover, and a few others. (I was actually just playing pitfall today! :lol:)

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I probably got my NES when I was 6 or 7. Started out playing Super Mario Bros and Zelda II.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I was about 5 or 6 when I first played doom 2 on PC. It was only briefly, but I loved it.

Then from then on, it was just a sporadic time here or there that I played. My older brother had a gameboy. one of those old fat gray ones. So whenever I managed to sneak onto it if he wasn't home, I'd play tetris. Eventually I got my own computer when I was in grade 10, and i played doom 2 and unreal tournament all the time. Right around that time, my siblings and I got the xbox. So I played that here and there when my younger brothers werent' hogging it. I basically let them play it all the time though, since it was a good baby sitter. it wasn't till about a year and a half ago when I got my own xbox 360 that I was actually able to game it up on a regular basis. So I guess I played games since I was 5 or 6, but I didn't become a "gamer" until I was 22.

Twitch

Registered Member
I've played video games for as long as I remember. My brother had a NES with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game, which came out before I was born.

Impact

V.I.P.
My brother got the original playstation when I was about...6 or 7 and we used to play crash team racing and some other racing game all the time. We had a shitty computer back then too, that used to play some awful games. Then at school we used to play Wolfenstein (i'm pretty sure that's what it was called) while we waited the half hour after school finished for our bus to come.