• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

When did you last backup your important files?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you've ever lost a hard drive to a crash or virus then you probably have become better at backing up your important files than most people. I had a hard drive crash a little less than a year ago and I lost a lot of stuff that I still wish I had back even to this day. Obviously that won't be happening but I did learn to make regular backups of everything that I consider important.

How often do you backup your PC? What was your last backup?

I try to backup my entire PC every few days or as often as possible.

My last backup was yesterday. :D

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I backed up the stuff from my previous job that I wanted to take with me when they let me go, but I have not backed anything up on my home computer, ever.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I just did that. Thanks for the reminder..:cool:

Last_Emperor

I perform backup by using Ghost, taking Disk Image is pretty convenient and really secure.

sometimes you can even you PartPE to backup from the boot-up installation file (Ghost Image) even without having a ghost platform to boot from.

califbob

Registered Member
I make a backup of all my biz documents each week. All of my software is legit and in the event of a catastrophic disaster, I'll simply reinstall everything.

No worries here... except for the fact that I use Windows Vista Home Premium.

Calif.Bob

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Last Emperor, I actually bought Norton Ghost but after using it I don't trust it. I'd rather have my file system intact instead of hidden in a file that may or may not open when the time comes that I need it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So, I lost 14,000 songs, about 100 videos, and some games to a lack of backup. Sucks, eh?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I decided that once I get my computer to where it was, I'm going to back up everything that is important to me.

There has been several times in the past where I had wished I would have backed up several important files or documents that are now lost to the ages.