When did you get your license and are license plates nessasary

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Sword_Hunter, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Sword_Hunter

Sword_Hunter Registered Member

When did you get your license. As for me I don't have one yet but will in the future.And do you think that license plates are nessasary?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Is this topic a joke? I got my license when I was 16. Shocking, I know.

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I got a restricted permit to drive when I was 14. Became a license when I turned 16.

Yes, license plates are nessecary. If vehicles did not have license plates how would police be able to follow a suspect or how would they know who a vehicle was licensed to, or that it was stolen.

If there were not license plates on vehicles, then all would know about a vehicle was the model, make, and color. That would make it hard to know anything about the vehicle.

4. Sword_Hunter

Woah you got your license when you were 16. Damn thats young. I don't plan on getting one until i'm at least 18-20. I mean 16, come on thats way too young. You must be one lucky and safe driver.

5. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Well, that was the law 16 years ago in South Dakota.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

18 and only because I couldn't afford it.

Yes, you need plates you ass. That's a pretty stupid question, actually.

I'd love to hear what you think about registration, title, or insurance.

7. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

The driving age should be raised to 18 minimum. High school kids are generally too damned immature to drive. Even some college kids are. Hell, all they want their license for in high school is to go to parties and get drunk and shit anyways. It totally sickens me how irresponsible high school kids are. Shit, I still have flashbacks about how as soon as sophomore year came and people got to take drivers ed, everybody plumb forgot about their other classes and just wanted to drive. I say make the stupid spoiled little shits wait until their all grown up and actually NEED to be worrying about stuff like that instead of rushing it and letting it come at an expense to things that are actually IMPORTANT for them to learn. Hell, PE class is more important than drivers ed class. Fuck, LUNCH is more important than drivers ed. So make the fuckers wait until they're 18 I say!!!

EDIT:

and by that way, no offense, but that WAS a rather lame-brain question about whether plates are necessary. I didn't want to say anything at first... :hmph:

8. Sword_Hunter

Yeah well that was a bull shit question. But not all collodge kids and highschool kids are immature dip shits that can't drive responsibly. I'm not even sure if Ican drive responsibly.