GameBoy When did you get your first one?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Merc, May 31, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

My first Game Boy was the chunky gray original one. I got it about ten years ago I believe. Probably longer than that. I loved that thing, it went everywhere with me.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I never had a favour of having a Game Boy, I pretty much got into games when Game Boy was already starting to get old and I wasn't very interested in it.

3. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Good question. I had one and I was way too young to have bought it myself. My birthday is kind of close to Xmas so I think it was one of those "we got you a nice gift for both" kind of deals, but I don't remember which relative forked up the cash. I was probably about 7 or 8 years old. I bought my game gear with some acting dough I scored though.

Never got into Tetris. I was all metroid.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I had the Monster Boy. I think I got my first one sometime in 1991 or 1992.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Tetris, I still got one somewhere in my room, I play it when I am bored. Got over it too.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Game boy pocket. I got it about when pokemon red/blue came out

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I never had the original gameboy mostly because it's older than I am but I did have a gameboy color and i loved that thing it was big the screen was small and the games weren't actually in color not to mention the screen wasn't lit and you had to be in a light room tilting it toward the light.

I did have a lot of the pokemon original gameboy games on it though those were pretty fun even if they weren't in color like at all.

8. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Honestly I have no clue exactly how long ago it was... At least 10 years ago, though... Maybe 12... I don't know.

I had the yellow one... They bought be Super Mario Land and Kirby's Dreamland II with it.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I had the original big boy. I was probably 8 or 9.

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I have the original game boy from way back when and it still works. I have Tetris, Home Alone and 1 other game I can't recall right off hand.