When Christmas Invades Stores in October

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Mirage, May 18, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought this was pretty funny. It's true though. Christmas seems to be invading stores earlier and earlier each year. Soon we'll see stores with Christmas departments all year long. :lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

There's a warehouse-type place about 20 minutes from where I live that purely sells Christmas stuff, all year round. I think it opened a few years ago.

P.s. Brix, why are you thinking about Christmas in... May. :sneaky:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

This reminds me of an ongoing joke my friends and I had, about Jesus Christ, Vampire Slayer. Just change 'vampire' to 'zombie'.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I never seen it as a problem to start selling Christmas stuff after Halloween. A lot of people like to do their Christmas shopping early so they don't have to be in the big rush when Christmas is only a few weeks away.

Personally I think the best time to buy Christmas decorations and such is after Christmas, e.g. Boxing Day. Every store as to much Christmas stuff to begin with so everything goes down to cheap after Christmas is actually over.

5. Great100

Great100 Registered Member

People love Christmas too much and they can't hold there excitement any longer. i remember last year they were selling Christmas stuff in the beginning of October.

6. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

At stores here, right now, they have aisles filled with Halloween stuff, aisles with Thanksgiving stuff and aisles beginning to fill with Christmas things.
    I start my Christmas shopping in July or so, I have 9 grandchildren to buy for :)
    Usually, by the time Halloween arrives, I have my shopping done and everything wrapped!
    But on the flip side of that, when Christmas finally arrives in December, I'm sick of it.

7. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

I work in a shop. We got our Christmas stock at the start of September. It has to be ordered in May. It's mental, especially since the grand majority of Christmas items are complete and utter bollocks.

Flimsy plastic decoration thing.
    Stupid, defective toy.
    Noisy gadget.
    Thing that will only be used by blind, one-armed people with antlers stuck to their head and foam feet.
    A turkey the size of Turkey.
    A people blender for the festive sicko.
    Special edition DVDs of a film already available on DVD.

Tis the season. Woop.

P.S. I like Christmas. I hope I didn't give off the wrong impression.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's funny that I said "October" in the OP. I actually saw Christmas trees at Sam's Club the other week and it's still September. :lol:

9. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

No, no negativity felt here :)
    I really do not care for Christmas.....I dislike all holidays honestly.
    But I feel Christmas is for children, so I go with the flow because of that~
    I could care less about receiving gifts myself.
    The holidays were much better when my Mother was alive, as we all gathered at her home.
    Things just aren't the same for me anymore.
    But I try to make it as festive as I can for the little ones~

10. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

And another ridiculous gift idea in the google ads on this very page.

Crystal Christmas Bear --