3ds Whatswith all the closed topics

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SamusAran86, Dec 28, 2006.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Seriously, this has to be the stupidest thing ever...

Every topic I enter on this forum is Closed!

Way to kill a messageboard!

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Topics older than 90 days are automatically closed. Some people get around this by starting new topics... ;)

Nobody likes super old thread bumping anyway. :)

3. SamusAran86

True, if it were a second page topic..

BUT

When all topics are closed on the FIRST PAGE...

creating a new topic whith a comment or topic of the same thing thats right underneath it (or EVEN on the first page alone) is just idiotic.

Topics on the first page shopuld be able to be replied to. if its old, so the hell what! According to your rules, There could be one whole page that has nothing but topics on one subject, just because they were not replied to fast enough they get locked...

You might as well consolidate the forums with those rules, because there are going to be too many locked and too few open forums...

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It's well known around the forums that if a topic is closed because of the time limit, all you have to do is make a new topic referencing the older topic(s). We had a big problem, a very big problem with new members reviving old and useless topics, and this was decided to be the best course of action. The varies on the popularity of the forums, but so far you have been the only member that has brought it to our attention thus far.

Thanks for the feedback Samus; If anyone else has a comment on the system please let us know and we'll take everyone's suggestions into accord.

5. SamusAran86

Well dur... its not like I didnt run these forums for a while (so soon to forget scuba?)

I complained about that back in the old GameComplex days... Glad to see something done, but topics on the first page shouldnt be locked, especially every topic on the first page.

6. Mirage

I agree about topics on the first page 100%. I didn't think about that when implementing the date sysem so I'll have to see if it's possible to do something about that.

The ideal solution would be to post new topics to the first page has fresh stuff, but that's not always possible. I haven't had a ton of time lately for the forums but I plan to hit these hard in 2007.

7. SamusAran86

I've told you once before, you really need to think things through before implementing them.

I know I used to complain alot about old "2nd page' topics being resurected, but man... to do somehting this harsh to a forum, just kills it.

Remember when we used to have hours worth of debate before agreeing to something, this is something that I wouldnt have stood for is I were still here.

Hell I only came back here because I wanted to see what was going on. If I were actually a reg posting member, this would have drove me off the forums really damn quick!

8. Mirage

If there were enough regular posting members there wouldn't be old threads on the first page either though.. ;)

I'll work on it and see what I can do.