whats your x-mas day tradition?

Having that warm, loving time with family. Hanging out the whole day with my mom, dad and my sister. Sometimes her boyfriend will visit, and I'm not really a fan of that, but hey, you can't have it all. =P

Err... Waking up early morning excited to open presents. Chill out and eat a turkey sandwich beforehand, and finally gathering around the Christmas tree and opening the presents. 2-3 hours later we just relax the rest of the day and play with our presents. Cool!

Registered Member
First and formost it is christmas there is no "x-mas" shuder.
So as for me christmas starts with reading the CHRISTmas story the night befor and celibrating the brith of or lord and savior Jesus Christ.
im not a religious person at all, i find all of it very hard to believe, but thats because i was raised with an open mind, and my parents allowed me to chose what i believed in and therefore the christmas/x-mas is the same thing to me.

Registered Member
We use to have a tradition where the youngest person in the family would have to set up the christmas tree. We had an artificial christmas tree and thank goodness i have a younger brother. My mom would always tell him to set up the christmas tree and decorate it. He would always hate doing it but of course I gave him a hand. Since we are all grown up right now, we don't do it anymore.

I was at a customers house and his neighborhood was decorated for christmas. I will have to get a picture of it and post it on here. He said that every year, his neighbor goes all out and start decorating in september. it was a pretty nice display too. I will be taking my cousins there since this is their first christmas here in the states. I think they will enjoy it.

still nobody's bitch
First and formost it is christmas there is no "x-mas" shuder.
So as for me christmas starts with reading the CHRISTmas story the night befor and celibrating the brith of or lord and savior Jesus Christ.
The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used. "Christ" was often written as "XP" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as AD 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters χ and ρ), used in ancient abbreviations for Χριστος (Greek for "Christ"), and are still widely seen in many Eastern Orthodox icons depicting Jesus Christ. The labarum, an amalgamation of the two Greek letters rendered as ☧is a symbol often used to represent Christ in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Churches

from wiki.

Registered Member
We get woken by the kids at around 6:30,or rather by the girls giggling and raiding there stockings.
Around 7 we all have a big breakfast,and me and there mum have vast amounts of coffee,we then listen to the girls telling us about what they had in there stockings.

About 8 we start with the gifts,they get some in the morning and the rest in the afternoon so the day lasts longer!.
After the first round of gifts,its time for a tidy up,the kids get into there new outfits if they want,then while i busy myself in the kitchen staring the prep work for dinner,the kids phone there grand parents on there mums side as they wont get to see them till the new year.

After a light lunch we watch whatever movie looks good then the kids get the rest of there gifts,we have a time to play any games they got,then dinner around 5.

The kids go to bed around 8,then me and there have a few drinks and prepare to do it all over again the next day at my parents,which is the whole family gathering type deal,then i rest for a week!.

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
Wake up, open the presents, then we eat breakfast. Then we start getting ready for a big Christmas super, because my grandparents and great aunt come over around 3:30 pm. That's what we've been doing for about seven straight years now.
Last edited:

rainbow 11!
Wake up, open presents. Have fun

Then dinner comes around.

I clean, maybe do some homework. Offer my mom help with dinner twoish times. She says no.

My mom throws a bitch fit and yells at everyone. Good for nothing kids, bunch of bitches I wish I aborted. blah blah blah.

Registered Member
Open a present before I go to bed, usually I wake up every Christmas at like, 4 am haha. Open presents and then fall asleep in the paper.

Sally Twit
Go to my mum's, open presents and have a bucks fizz, have a mince pie or apple pie until my gran and great uncle come over, have a natter, have some soup and drinks, have a natter and put the telly on, have Christmas dinner with some more drinks, pull our crackers, have some more chat and watch the Queen's speech, have some pudding, have some more chat and say bye to my gran and great uncle, have some more drinks, eat some snacks and have more drinks, watch some crappy Christmas film, have some more drinks and then go to sleep.

Same thing each year and I wouldn't change one bit of it.