• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's Your Thoughts?

CubsMascot

Registered Member
What your thoughts on the Phillies signing Jake Arrieta for 3 years and $75 million?
I say now I wouldn't be surprised now that he knows he is on a team that he still doesn't do as well as when he was on the Cubs.

Does he deserve this much? What do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They clearly overpaid for Arrieta.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure how Arrieta got so lucky...Lynn and Moustakas had to settle for subpar deals and yet he gets a solid deal from PHI.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Wow, interesting move. I missed the headline somehow during a hectic day at work. I agree that he probably won't do as well as he did on the Cubs, so yeah this is a good deal for him. Overpaid, for sure. I'm sure this will get a lot of buzz among Philadelphia fans though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It probably a move in which they'll wanna trade Arrieta although they did give him 3 years. The Phils aren't ready to win yet and are probably a few years off still.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of what I've read points to the Phillies being big spenders next offseason, when there will be a stronger free agent class. Showing some improvement this year might make Philadelphia a more attractive landing spot for other free agents.