What's your story?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrenaline, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Adrenaline

Adrenaline Registered Member

We all have something in life that makes our life interesting. What's yours?

My parents are divorced, because my father is a controlling, and just generally a frustrating person to be around. He grew up with a traditional family, and a manipulative mother. When he was 18, he started heavily smoking marijuana, and one day he was hit by a car, while riding his bike. He suffered major brain injury, and he had to have his arm amputated. Life can be very frustrating for him, making it even more frustrating for the others around him. He has a temper, he forgets things easily, and he really isn't a good father.

That's about it for me.

Share?

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

My mother and father never got married because when I was a baby, my dad had tried to kill her. He was a very heavy alcoholic which fucked with him all the time. I'd poke at him with my sister when he'd be passed out on the couch. He was never a bad father, just he was abusive to my mom when they first had me.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

My mother didn't correct my fallen arches (I essentially have flat feet) in an attempt to make me militarily ineligible.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

should be an interesting thread.
    i cant think of anything... ive always had a really 'normal' life in the big scheme of things. i've never even had a family member die whilst ive been alive, my parents are still married and happy, i had a very stable upbringing, ive never witnessed anything life changing or had a dramatic accident

the best i can come up with is a few head issues and being a bit/very weird at times. this isn't good.

help! :shifteyes:

5. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

My mom is off the boat British she came here when she was a teenager. So I'm the first generation of her family born in the states. I have my moms last name not my dads cause she keep maiden name and me and my sisters ended up with it somehow. So basically everyone thinks my dad is my step dad. My dad was also the first one to marry a non-Italian in his family.

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Oh geez, I guess I might as well say it because there's pretty much nothing else about my life that is in the slightest bit "interesting", at this point.

If you are not open-minded to alternate lifestyles, do not read beyond this point. :lol:

My family is fine... well... There has been no divorce between my parents, yet I know many people that have had to go through with it... Well, if there's any threat to the peace that is my family, it's me! I have "gender issues" as I like to call them, and leave it at that.

But in the end I'm no threat... My mom, who did not take it so well (although she could have taken it worse, it wasn't a positive reaction. =/), will make sure to keep me quiet about it... and my sister and her husband are crazy conservatives who can't even take homosexuality. My grandpa is probably the same, don't know much about my grandma and dad.

So yeah, I'm no threat... If I were to ever decide to move forward in life, they would probably drop me out of the family, so no threat there. :lol: :cry:

So I'll say, my life is certainly "interesting" in a way that has made me depressed and almost suicidal quite a few times. Sometimes, no all of the time, I wish things didn't have to be this way. I'm still in the hopeless stage, and don't see ever moving forward. Even though I've got friends and my girlfriend on my side, I'd feel like I was violating them if I did anything.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Living my life as far back as I could remember with about 20/30 to the current 20/70 vision and inability to look directly at something is interesting, irritating, and miserable. Not only is school that much harder to do well in, you have to constantly rely on others. Then there's the social aspect. I can't drive to many places. I can't drive at night, and I can't drive on the highway. I have to rely on rides and that makes me look like a freeloader, so I have to pick and choose. When I don't recognize people from afar and they recognize me, it makes me look like a jerk. A lot of little things that make me apathetic and angry sometimes.

Luckily I have a very supportive family and friends who understand my condition.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My parents were divorced too when I was really young. My sister and I lived apart. She grew up with my grandma and I grew up with my mom. I also have the most complicated family tree in the paternal side. None of us has successfully tried to map the genealogical tree; well, none really attempted much. I just know that between my grandparents, uncles/aunts (and their children, my cousins) we'd easily reach 100 because of full/half/step relations.

9. Buddhz

Buddhz Registered Member

I am one of 7 children. My mum has two sons, my dad has two sons and a daughter and together they have me and my younger sister.

We don't see anything of my mum's two sons and very little of one of my dad's sons and his daughter. Our family are all over the place. In my lifetime I've only have one grandparent and she died 5 years ago.

We have a scatty family.

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

as far as i can say i have had a pretty good life, considering what i have heard from lots of other differnt people. i have a mother and a father that are still both together i have one older brother a grandad and a granny, another granny and my other grandad died. i have 3 cats who i love very much, my first cat pickled died about a year ago after i had had him from 16 years. and i still miss him everyday. i went to school did the most amout of year i could of done, now im in college studying law, i have been abraod many times and seen many wonderful sites. i have some good friends, not a whole crowd but quality is better then quantity... i grew up in a small "quaint" (i think thats how you spell it) village in scotland surrounded by whisky distillaries, iv done tae kwon do for 3 years and i work at tesco. i passed my driving test about 6 months ago and i drive a small punto :) it took me 11months to learn how to drive and i hated it, but im glad its over and done with now, and thats it so far. but who knows what the future hold....

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008