• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's your reading style?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
By that, I mean, do you read books in your spare time, before bed, in the morning, etc, or do you like to wait until you have a lot of spare time and read a book from cover to cover?

I'm a cover to cover type of guy. That's probably why I don't get to read as much as I'd like. My problem is if I like a book I don't want to put it down. I'd rather wait until I have enough time to knock it down in one sitting than take a week or longer to read a single book.

Basically, I like to read through books as fast as I can. This is why I enjoy longer books more than short books. I read pretty fast so I don't want the book to be over before I had time to enjoy it. Usually 500+ pages is about what I look for when looking for a new book to read.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I like to read when I have alot of time, however I don't get that kind of time anymore so I read when I can. Actually I haven't read much of anything in awhile, but when I do I usually read in bed before I go to sleep. I can't seem to stay awake that long anymore LOL so it still takes me a few days to read a book. :sigh:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm worried because some of the Tom Clancy books I picked up recently are 800+ pages long each. Based on the print size, I estimated it will take me a minute to read each page. Counting small breaks throughout I figure it will take me 15+ hours to read books of that length. Now to find more than half a day of spare time... and some caffeine. :D

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I can down a Tom Clancy in two sittings if my attention span can hold. I can can read a short novel in a day, and can usually knock a book out in two to three days if I'm interested enough in it. Right now my progress is slow because the books on my list aren't very interesting, most are more educational than fun. I think I'm going to read the next Clancy book on my list to boost my interest.

Also, because I read several books at a time, I usually don't finish a book for about a week and a half or two weeks. I read in pretty much all of my downtime that doesn't involve video games.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I tried to read as many good books as I can. I usually read it when I'm on public transportation to kill time and it makes the time go by faster. I tend do read the majority right before I head to bed. Sometimes it's jsut difficult to lay down a good book.

Teorropy

I love to read books, I have all the tom clancy and John Grisham books to read and most of the Stephen King ones.

I also like to read as fast, but I never get a lot of time to read so I have turned into a 2 to 3 hour per day reader.

It does help that I have a weekend job that allows me to knock off 100 to 200 pages a day at a time.

I am waiting on one more book that comes out in NOV 13th, it is the last book of a 12 book series, averaging around 500 or so pages a book.

I can't wait for it to come out.

Author is Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth series.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like to pick up a random book whenever I really feel like it, to be honest. I keep one for the toilet, one for reading at work, and several to just pick up around the house.

I can get in about 10 hours a week reading, usually, sometimes up to 30-40 if there isn't much else to do.

dDave

V.I.P.
I read Eldest (Christopher Paolini) in one day, I was really bored afterwards,
I have a friend who read the Entire Lord Of The Rings Trilogy in one day, he didn't skip pages or anything.

The books that really make me want to read more is the stuff by Christopher Paolini, anyone hear me?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I actually do both. I'm always slowly reading like 3 at the same time on a day to day basis.But I like to bust threw one in my spare time