• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's your motto??

BlackCat

Registered Member
So, people, do you have any motto or catchword??
Share it with us!!

Mine's "Every action causes a reaction"

What's yours? :)

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
"Everything happens for a reason"
"Regret nothing"

Obviously common sense. I live my life to the fullest, no regrets.

Dabs

Registered Member
An oldie classic- 'Live every day as if it were your last'. But then, if we did that, hell none of us would ever get anything done, because we'd be too busy goofing off because we'd be thinking it was our last day, so fuck it all, why work!
I like the comical: Do Unto Others, Then Split.
------
I came back, I wanted to add, I really really loathe the one that goes something like- Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened. I'd like to slap somebody upside their head for that one.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
"Cause and Effect". Thank you Matrix for that one, and a certain someone for making that a big one in my life.

"Whatever doesn't kill you will leave a scar" Although that's a relatively new one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For me it's pretty simple but means a lot.

"Live life to the fullest"
"Life is to short not to have fun"

These two are very important to me, and I'm following them to a tee.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I don't have a motto, but if I did, it would be something about staying optimistic and positive. Even though I usually prepare for and expect the worse, I always try to make the best out of a bad situation or negative thought.
Simple example -- instead of disliking something, I appreciate that I even have it or it isn't any worse.
I found a weird one that kind of explains that...

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet. ~Ancient Persian Saying

[/FONT]Also...

'All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.' - Sean O'Casey

I like this one, not because it's something I live by, but because it's something I always seem to forget. For some reason I tend to think everyone has it all worked out and I'm totally clueless, but in reality we're all just winging it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My general motto is the one on my sig: Coexist gracefully with the unresolved.

It has kept me at peace in my life.

As for temporary motto, I'd say the most fitting for me now is: "If it doesn't drink and drive, don't sleep with it." :lol:

Dabs

Registered Member
"Everything happens for a reason"
"Regret nothing"

Obviously common sense. I live my life to the fullest, no regrets.
The above underlined one, why is that? A great motto I mean? I hear it often, but yet, with so much bad happening everywhere, in everyone's life, you gotta wonder, what's the reason?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if this is a motto per say but there's a saying about life throwing you curveballs so I put my own baseball'ish swing on it and I try to live like this...

"When life throws curveballs at you be patient because you never know when you'll get a fastball right down the middle."