What's your most favourite thing to cook/bake?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Puck, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Puck

Puck Registered Member

My favourite thing to cook is pretty much anything pasta related.
    And my favourite thing to bake is banana chocolate chip muffins.

Now, I know not everyone is a whiz in the kitchen, but most people have a favourite recipe to cook/bake and I'd like to know what that it?

2. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm like you, I like to cook pasta dishes. You can do SO much with it. :nod:

And I like to bake cakes, and decorate them all fancy like. Or my signature Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I haven't made those in over a year though. :stare:

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I love cooking, so there isn't really anything that stands out as being my favourite to cook. Probably anything that I cook just out of the blue, no recipe, just throwing in random ingredients I think will work together. Those dishes are fun

As for baking, I cannot bake to save myself, so definitely no favourite there.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I love making spaghetti bolognaise. I can't make the sauce though, so I guess it doesn't really count. But it's still good to make and great to eat. :D

5. Puck

Puck Registered Member

That's the best part of cooking, not following a recipe. Plus, it's always such a great feeling when you try something totally new and it turns out wonderfully.
    ------
    mmm spaghetti bolognaise.
    ------
    Pasta is so versatile, it's my favourite thing, for sure.

I love baking cakes but I can't decorate them without it looking like a 5 year old got a hold of the icing to save my life...wish I could though. I've been thinking about taking a fondant class though, so maybe that will help?
    Do you do fondant work at all?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Impact likes this.
  6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I love baking cakes! My mom has this recipe that she has handed down from her parents, who got it from their parents, and so on and so forth. It is the usual cake, made with milk, eggs, and flour and the like. My mom has a secret ingredient that makes it very moist, and that is a teaspoon of semen. It is very delicious.

Chaos and Impact like this.
  7. Puck

Puck Registered Member

This is excellent. I shall try it sometime. :nod:

Iris likes this.
  8. Gevok

Gevok Registered Member

Shrimp alfredo spaghetti/noodles with garlic and flavoring.

9. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

Haha, all it takes is practice. That's what I was told at least, and I got better at it. :p

I have used fondant before. Not my favorite thing to work with, but it looks great! Haha. Espectially when you want to make small or intricate details. One time I helped decorate a baby shower cake, and the ducks and rattles and such were all made out of fondant. They looked great in the end, but shaping them wasn't the greatest. Haha. Another thing to use is Almond Paste. It tastes better, too. :D I do prefer just frosting them though. I like the challenge of trying to make them look perfect without using fondant to cover up mistakes. Haha. But when all else fails, fondant FTW! :)

10. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Almond paste! That sounds cool!

You should post pictures of some of these cakes! If I attempt to make one, I'll definitely do it. Even if they look horrible. :nod:

A few weeks ago, a friend and I make a Star Trek cake...it was kind of epic. I didn't use fondant though so it probably could have turned out ALOT better than it did.