• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's your monthly food budget

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's including groceries, dining out, ordering in, ect.

Me and my brother spend about 450$ a month on groceries, some times more(50$ more) or some times less(50$ less). I'd say I spend about 150$ dining out a month, that's including drinks(but not when I go out to a bar). I rarely order in, so I'd say about 20-40$ a month.

How about you guys?

Falconer

Registered Member
I just went shopping yesterday and managed to get a week's worth of food for two people for £47. If I could just stick to that my food budget would be about £200 a month, which would be great! I'm trying not to eat out or call in too much at the minute, either, so I'm going to be optimistic and put my budgets for those at £30 for the month, which might include one takeout and a few lunches at Subway or whatever. And I can't even remember the last time I went to a bar, but I think I managed to spend about £20-30 all night (student bars, awesome) ...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Usually about $400. a month. Sometimes I spend less and sometimes its more. Its according if I find a lot of sale items that I want to buy for later then I will spend more but at some point I will spend less because of it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is probably something I should know, right? haha

I really don't know. Sometimes when I go food shopping I spend over $100 and sometimes its like $50. It's really random and I don't do a proper food shop every month either. I do, also, eat fast food from time to time as well.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have no idea at all. I still live at home with my parents who pay for all the food. But this week I am moving out to my own place to live with a friend in the city, so I probably should start budgeting things.

Impact

V.I.P.
I spend 20 pounds a week on groceries, along with 20 pounds a week for my house mate. So what's that...160 pounds a month. And that easily feeds us - could probably spend a lot less if I just bought basic stuff.

Right now i'm spending practically nothing on take out and dining out but when i'm not so intent on saving money it would probably be about 50 pounds a month.

Submit

Registered Member
That's including groceries, dining out, ordering in, ect.

Me and my brother spend about 450$ a month on groceries, some times more(50$ more) or some times less(50$ less). I'd say I spend about 150$ dining out a month, that's including drinks(but not when I go out to a bar). I rarely order in, so I'd say about 20-40$ a month.

How about you guys?
The only thing that I contribute towards house bills is for electricity and gas, and that's amount £200 odd per month! other then that, when I dine out with friends it is about £50... to be honest I do not have much spending... my family (brothers) pay for the grocieries and when we go out as family too. Just like my sibilings/family I neither smoke and drink, so I don't have cost in this area. I spend on clothes but even that not every month, probably every other month.

I will be taking driving lessons (iA) so I will need some money for that. So I have to find job soon.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
The family literally spends a grand on food a month, it's insane how expensive the food is in Coles and Woolworths.

As I am working and barely home, I just get something on the way and per day, I spend around 10 to 15 dollars on food.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I go out to eat a lot. I spend about forty dollars (American) per week going out to eat.

However, I don't spend much on other things. It's one of the few ways that I enjoy the small amount of money that I have. So to me, it's OK that I go out to eat a lot.

I probably spend not much over one hundred dollars per month buying groceries.