TV What's your least favorite show?

Jakey-D

Registered Member
There are always plenty of threads about really good shows but what shows do you really despise and why?

For me it's Pushing Daisies!

It just seems like a one trick show and the acting can be very false in parts but it's that damned voice over that really annoys me. It's so stupid and frustratingly annoying.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree about MTV.

Desperate Housewives, 7th Heaven, The Bachelor, American Idol. There's so much garbage on TV, there's no way to even list all of it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anything that has to do with Reality TV is boring for me, especially Survivor I cannot stand that show, I watched it maybe once or twice and I got extremely annoyed, now there what at their 13th season, come on it's boring and annoying.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Anything incredibly over dramatic like Gilmore Girls.

*shudders*

It really bothers me to realize that so many people enjoy such idiotic, low-grade drama.

"These drapes are white, I wanted snowy day! You never listen to me, you're so cruel, you're so hot, I want to bang you! Oh my god, I'm freaking out, I just thought of that time I was molested by the chupacabra and how badly I wanted to buy that antique plate that day. Wait, why are you walking away, don't you love me? I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU."

Ugh.

Don't scream but I don't know how my sister can watch Gilmore Girls over and over and then my brother and cousin can watch MTV, The Hills and all that other stuff. They clearly don't know that MTV stands for MUSIC Television not Melodramatic Television. And any reality TV show where the goal is to get participants to fall in love is awful, because its inevitable that one person at the least will have their emotions toyed with by the media on public television....assuming its not fake.

You want good drama watch House or something.

Jakey-D

Registered Member
Oh, and any of those Make-Over specials on chat show like Ricki Lake.

I hate it when the audience berate some chap because he won't make love to his wife because she has become a boar...then they all cheer as the show gives the monster a make over and the host will say things like: "Huge improvement, you look so beautiful now." So wait...you're saying she wasn't before you gave her the makeover? Then why did the poor husband get it in the throat!!!???

DLFerguson

Registered Member
There are always plenty of threads about really good shows but what shows do you really despise and why?

For me it's Pushing Daisies!

It just seems like a one trick show and the acting can be very false in parts but it's that damned voice over that really annoys me. It's so stupid and frustratingly annoying.

The problem with PUSHING DAISIES is that it tries so hard to be Tim Burton-ish. So hard that's almost painfully obvious. And for the life of me I don't understand why it has so many talented singers who have been on Broadway and doesn't let them sing. My Gawd, it's got Ellen Green from "Little Shop Of Horrors" and she doesn't get to sing a note, which is criminal.

As for my least favorite shows: I have no idea what people see in SURVIVOR or AMERICAN IDOL.