What's your learning style?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm a visual learner.

Click the link below for a quick quiz....

What's Your Style

Visual Learners

take numerous detailed notes
    tend to sit in the front
    are usually neat and clean
    often close their eyes to visualize or remember something
    find something to watch if they are bored
    like to see what they are learning
    benefit from illustrations and presentations that use color
    are attracted to written or spoken language rich in imagery
    prefer stimuli to be isolated from auditory and kinesthetic distraction
    find passive surroundings ideal

Auditory Learners

sit where they can hear but needn't pay attention to what is happening in front
    may not coordinate colors or clothes, but can explain why they are wearing what they are wearing and why
    hum or talk to themselves or others when bored
    acquire knowledge by reading aloud
    remember by verbalizing lessons to themselves (if they don't they have difficulty reading maps or diagrams or handling conceptual assignments like mathematics).

Kinesthetic Learners

need to be active and take frequent breaks
    speak with their hands and with gestures
    remember what was done, but have difficulty recalling what was said or seen
    find reasons to tinker or move when bored
    rely on what they can directly experience or perform
    activities such as cooking, construction, engineering and art help them perceive and learn
    enjoy field trips and tasks that involve manipulating materials
    sit near the door or someplace else where they can easily get up and move around
    are uncomfortable in classrooms where they lack opportunities for hands-on experience
    communicate by touching and appreciate physically expressed encouragement, such as a pat on the back

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm a visual learner. I study best by re-writing my notes and/or the presentation given in class.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

According to the test, I'm Kinesthetic. I mostly answered the same letters except for the music class, the dog thing, and the tell a story (I prefer writing).

In the description I can only relate with the following:

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Took the test, Visual learner.

5. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

I've always learned by punishment. Cigarette butts to the face. Large novalty rulers to the back side. The knowledge is painfully drilled in over time.

In the real world though, visual learners description best fits me I'd say but it's far from exact. I like to read, comprehend and repeat til I've nailed it. Diagrams are good. I like notes. Like to make myself comfortable. Don't like too much distraction. I always sat in the middle. I don't find things to watch if I'm bored, just get on with it. I'm also stubborn and won't let myself have a break until I'm happy with what I've done.

Eh let's see what the test says;

Kinesthetic?? &£$% you!!

I'm a hybrid.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Did you read the title? I said "learning style" not sexual fantasies.:lol:

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That's what I got. I can see where I would get this. If someone giving a lecture is interesting enough I can just listen to him/her and retain the information. I do that in history classes.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The test said I was a visual learner.

I guess so. :ninja:

9. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

When I was tested for a Learning Disorder, all we got back i that I have low self-esteem and that I am an auditory-kinesthetic learner. I'll take this test though, and see what it says.
    It said kinesthetic.

10. kittykate789

kittykate789 Registered Member

i've always thought that when it comes to learning styles, I'm all 3. Diagrams and illustrations help me like crazy, but so does listening, and i have to work hands on/fiddle with pencils when i learn. I'd probably say i lean most strongly toward kinesthetic learning, but like in some classes I just listen and in some classes I just look. I guess it's kind of useful cause I benefit from all teaching methods.