TV What's your favourite TV show at the moment?

Sim

Registered Member
I'm very much into several TV shows running at the moment.

For example, I'm a big fan of "The Sopranos", these days watching the 6th season (since they are not on TV yet here in Germany, I have to go with downloaded episodes).

Too bad "Six Feet Under" was ended after season 5, I like it even more and would have loved to see another season of it.

I'm also into "Lost", I've seen the series up to the 10th episode of season 2 so far. Thrilling series too, but I'm afraid it may be the kind of series where they build up a lot of tensions due to unanswered questions, and they won't be able to solve all of them in a satisfying way. Let's see.

I've also started watching "24", but didn't like it much after having seen 3 episodes. The show is all about effects and action and lacking substance, IMHO.

As for past shows, I'm also a big fan of "Star Trek" (especially the original 60s series, but also TNG and DS9), the "X-Files" and "Millennium".

The British original of "Cracker" is awesome too. Does anyone here know it by any change?

So what are your favourite TV shows at the moment, or your all-time favourites?

K

Kidd

Well I actually like 24 and it is my favorite show at the moment. I started watching it as recent as a month or so ago. I finished season 2 of the show, and saving up some money to buy the third season. I just really enjoy watching it, and I really like the character of Jack Bauer.

I know the show is somewhat unrealistic because of all the things he goes through each hour of the day, but I still enjoy it.

My other favorite shows are Supernatural, Lost, Prison Break, and Smallville. (not in order)

Sim

Registered Member
Maybe I should give 24 another try. After having seen 3 episodes only, I don't think I have a founded opinion on it yet. Maybe I'll like it more once I've gotten deeper into it.

But I found the whole hectic rush of the series annoying -- everybody running around like scared chicken, portable cameras jiggling around and so on. I guess I like slower, more "conservative" storytelling more.

K

Kidd

Maybe I should give 24 another try. After having seen 3 episodes only, I don't think I have a founded opinion on it yet. Maybe I'll like it more once I've gotten deeper into it.

But I found the whole hectic rush of the series annoying -- everybody running around like scared chicken, portable cameras jiggling around and so on. I guess I like slower, more "conservative" storytelling more.

Well each episode is one hour, so the storyline does have to be fastpaced.

Season 1 was good, but season 2 was better. I think the storyline about a nuclear bomb is much more interesting, than the assassination attempt on Palmer.

I got more into the show because of season 2.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, I'm sure it's easy enough to tell what my favorite show is.

For the thick amongst us, it's House M.D. It's a great medical drama with a deep and well-developed main character. It's both funny and emotional in numerous ways. If you haven't seen it, I suggest starting from the very beginning.

Sim

Registered Member
Well, I'm sure it's easy enough to tell what my favorite show is.

For the thick amongst us, it's House M.D. It's a great medical drama with a deep and well-developed main character. It's both funny and emotional in numerous ways. If you haven't seen it, I suggest starting from the very beginning.
I've never heard of this show ... probably it has never made its way to Germany. But then, I'm not too much of a fan of medical shows anyway.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I was really into Kyles XY, but after the first season I haven't seen any new episodes. Also, this show called Rockafeller 30 (something along those lines) is pretty good. I watched it one night and I really ejoyed it. But so far I haven't seen any new episodes come on.

K

Kidd

I watched Kyle XY but I didn't really like it. Seems like a bad ripoff of Smallville, and they try to make the storyline so suspenseful, when in fact, it isn't.

Their going to show new episodes during the summer, but I doubt I'll watch it again.

B

Bunny

I'm afraid I tend not to watch much TV these days - because so much is unconstructive or immoral (or just for thickies or the ill-educated). Saying which, I used to like the Simpsons and the X Files back in the 90s.

Sim

Registered Member
I'm afraid I tend not to watch much TV these days - because so much is unconstructive or immoral (or just for thickies or the ill-educated). Saying which, I used to like the Simpsons and the X Files back in the 90s.
I'd say "The Sopranos" and "Six Feet Under" are pretty good 21th century shows, very good storytelling and hard to swallow for uneducated morons.

I'm not sure what you mean by "immoral", but if you are one of the people who thinks stories about pre-marital sex or a mafia boss are not your cup of tea, then forget these shows.