• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's Your Favourite Scary Movie?

SoberJaysFan

Hello Sidney...
What's your favourite scary movie?
Mine is Idle Hands.
I'm asking because every Halloween my wife and I have a scary movie marathon and I need some ideas for this year.
Thanks!

oh, and if you don't get the Sidney reference... watch Scream
#ComeOnMan

Sabby

Lol idle hands, what a gem. For some reason, the first SAW movie scared the piss out of me. Literally for three nights I was paranoid walking home from work.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Idle Hands. Love it. Own it. That was the movie where my pants first got tight watching Alba... Did she ever grow up to be a fine looking specimen!

I am not a giant fan of horror. These days it's the usual predictable plot points and scary parts. Fan of the old school horror, the Myers, Kruger, Vorres ... etc.

SoberJaysFan

EdgeHead said:
I use to be absolutely terrified of Chucky when I was a kid.

Now I get a good chuckle of every Child's Play.
Love the Chucky movies! Did a Chucky marathon a couple Halloween's ago.

SoberJaysFan

Sabby said:
Lol idle hands, what a gem. For some reason, the first SAW movie scared the piss out of me. Literally for three nights I was paranoid walking home from work.
I had the same experience. That movie stayed with me for a long time. I saw the second one too for some reason, and then bailed on the franchise after that and never went back.

SoberJaysFan

Crypticshock said:
Idle Hands. Love it. Own it. That was the movie where my pants first got tight watching Alba... Did she ever grow up to be a fine looking specimen!

I am not a giant fan of horror. These days it's the usual predictable plot points and scary parts. Fan of the old school horror, the Myers, Kruger, Vorres ... etc.
Too funny. I agree, I like the old school ones much better.

KempNotMerged

Stephen King's "IT". For a made-for-tv movie from the early 90's, it was pretty damn effective. Most notably Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise the Clown.
There has been talk of a remake, for theaters, in two installments. I've read the book so I'm looking forward to a more in-depth onscreen version.

Iris

rainbow 11!
The Strangers. It's so fucking scary. I watched it by myself once, haven't seen it again. I'd have to watch it in the middle of the day with a group of people.

There are 2 movies that I've never fully watched because they scare me to death, even to this day: The Exorcist and The Ring. I don't care how much money you could pay me to watch them; I just think I'll seriously die from a heart attack before the first movie ends.