What's your favourite building?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, May 20, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Mine is The Golden Temple. I like the way the water surrounds it and the style of the building. It stands out and is so beautiful to look at.

[​IMG]

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

This might sound gay but my favourite building is my house.

It's been a place of sanctuary and safety for 20 years and hold so many great memories of my childhood. It would be with a heavy heart for me to ever move out.

Bliss likes this.
  3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Not at all, dude. That's a great answer.

EEB
    [​IMG]

I'm partial to New York's Flatiron Building, myself. The classic symbol of old Manhattan has shown up in a few weird dreams over the years. (Kind of resembles a penis in this shot; maybe that's why.)

[​IMG]

English-Emo-Boy and Bliss like this.
  4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Even though it isn't in existence anymore, mine has always been the porcelain tower of Nanjing. I heard recently that they're either rebuilding it, or there are plans to rebuild it. Either way, that excites me. I want to go see it if it's rebuilt in my lifetime. I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to see the sun glistening off of this building.

[​IMG]

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I have many favourite buildings from The Eiffel tower to the Empire State building.

I think my all time favourite has to be the Taj Mahal. I just love the way it looks so peaceful and everything looks so symmetrical, and I love how the building is reflected in the water.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Probably the building I want most to visit. It has a very interesting history and I'd like to see the artwork on the walls inside.

7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Mine is the Sydney Opera House. I just love the shape of it, because it's not quite like anything else. [​IMG]

I also really like the Taj Mahal, but it's already been mentioned so wasn't about to post another pic

8. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

The Chrysler Building in NYC. The different facets on the top and the way it reflects light are just great. Plus, I think it really stands for NYC for me, and NYC is a favorite place of mine. :)

Here are a couple pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I love the pics posted in here already. Those buildings are amazing! Especially the Golden Temple! :D

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's mine

[​IMG]

I've always been amazed with this building, and hopefully one day I'll be able to visit it.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't know if it's my favourite because I've never really thought about it, but the first thing that comes to mind is the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, it's so simple yet stunning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]