Whats your favorite Sit-Down Restaurants?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Shwa, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Restaurants where you don't have to place and order and take it home within a 15 minute time frame. Ones where you can sit down and relax with friends and family alike, have a drink or two and catch up on local eventa/memories. For me, I like the following:

Chili's
    Red Lobster (Cheddar bisquetts (sp?)!!)
    La Tolteca
    Golden Coral
    Bertucci's
    Sean Bolans Irush Pub
    Denny's
    Double T Diner
    A Diner (Local ones near by)
    Friendly's
    and China King Buffet.

~Shwa'

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

There is this Mexican place called Jalapeno's near me. Easily my favorite sit down place. There is also an Italian restaurant in the next town called Marra's. Best chicken parm I've ever had.

Corporate wise, I'd have to go with Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, or Applebee's.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Red Lobster's is always good.
    Oliver Garden and another italian chain joint called Carraba's or something like that.

There's a local Japanese place whose owner knows our family for years and they serve up excellent sushi and their super special awesome homemade salad.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Hands down Benihana.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

chain restaurants - Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Applebee's

my favorite local restaurant, Cottage Inn Cafe, closed last year :sad: . There are a couple of brewpubs around here that are really good - Grizzly Peak & Arbor Brewing Company. Then there's the Common Grill in Chelsea MI, where I once sat two tables away from Jeff Daniels.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Chili's is okay, but I love Outback and T-Bone's.

7. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Mexican place called Jaliscos
    Thai food called My Thai
    Mandarin food called Pings
    Indian food called Bombay Garden

So many delicious places...!

All those corporate restaurants (Denny's, Applebee's, etc.) I view as just glorified fast food... you may end up sitting down, and they may actually make it there, but the quality compared to a real restaurant is so huge. Dont get me wrong, I eat there occasionally, but I wouldn't choose it over a local business.

8. soot

soot Registered Member

Le Pere Pinard on Ludlow St. in the East Village NYC is my favorite French restaurant. Artisanal on 32nd St. is damn good too (especially their Chicken Under a Brick).

The best steaks I've ever eaten are the ones I grill in my own backyard, but the NY Strip at Touch in Sobe Miami is probably my favorite in a restraurant.

Tapas - Lola's in Hoboken, NJ.

Ceviche - Augaviva in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.

And I can't recall the name of the place (it was kind of a hole-in-the-wall) but the best pork I've ever had was at a Spiesbraten restaurant right outside of Idar-Oberstein, Germany.

9. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Red Lobster ==> Steamed Clams and Crab Legs :w00t: yummy

Olive Garden ==> Lasagna and Chicken or Veal Marsala and of course the bread sticks are great, I usually get 2 dozen to go :tongue_smilie:

10. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Red Lobster, their cheddar biscuits are like salty crack. Shrimp pasta, crab and lobster. No brainer.