• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's Your Favorite Seafood

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I have a lot of favorite seafoods including: catfish, shrimp, oysters, calamari, garfish, and red snapper:D.

However, due to seasonal issues, I can only eat catfish in the fall and oysters in the winter:sigh:, unless of course, it's at a restaurant:p.

dDave

V.I.P.
Gosh, I'm not even sure I can decide.

I've had lobster, crab, salmon, clam, shellfish, etc. I honestly liked it all. I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of fish, I think it's all got sort of a metal taste to it (there is a bit of mercury in most fish). I also know that Panda Express makes a mean honey walnut shrimp.

Overall I have to say lobster, I've really loved it the few times that I've had it. Grilled salmon is still great though. (it's also much cheaper which is a huge plus) Of course shrimp gets an honorable mention, it's great.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I really love fish. My favorite types of fish are salmon, halibut, sea bass, and arctic char.

I also enjoy stuff like lobster, crab, calimari, etc. I do not like shellfish, however.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Lobster is good, but calamari is the best. I prefer mine Rhode Island style with hot peppers. Great appetizer to share and an even better meal to yourself. It's very obvious however when a restaurant doesn't have it fresh or if it's cheap.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My favorite seafood is, without a shadow of a doubt, Maryland blue crabs steamed and blasted with butter and Old Bay with a fuckton of beer and a nice, small mallet on the side, a bright sun over top of me, and a cool breeze in the air.

Best food ever.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
This is really hard to decide. Seafood is my favorite type of food in general. I'm going to go with scallops on this. Every time I go to a Japanese hibachi, I usually get the shrimp and scallop meal.

Honorable mentions: catfish, of course. Tortilla crusted tilapia (sold by Schwann's). I also eat a lot of shrimp. I also love snow crab.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My favorite is shrimp, I've eaten lobster once and it was good but I just can't stand the fact they cook the poor things alive so I never order it.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Salmon, probably. Bluegill is great, too, but I don't get to enjoy it enough to make a fair comparison. Either way, they're both pretty magical.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think I can pick just one thing either. I've eaten all types of different fish and liked them all. Maybe shrimp?

It might be lobster or crab but I haven't had them enough to say for sure. They're awesome but I've only been able to eat them in limited fashion.