What's your bench press max & goal?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, May 8, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a fan of "maxing" out, but my comfortable max (at least three reps) on bench press is currently at exactly 200lbs, up from 185lbs from a few weeks ago. My goal is to be benching 300lbs at least three reps in a row by January 1st.

What's your max and what's your goal?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

My max is 180 lbs, I have problems completing three reps but I can do it. I don't really have a goal to be honest with you, but I would like to be able to bench 200lbs one day.

Also you got to remember, I'm only 134lbs, so I think that's pretty impressive for my size.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

My max is about 150 lbs...I'm actually impressed by the progress on that. I'm trying to make those out when I do Incline and Decline presses now. My goal would like to be 180-200lbs when I bench, but for that to happen I know I need to work on tricep and shoulder muscle support to lift that much.

I kinda wanna make my goal at least by Christmas, that seems like a reasonable goal.

~Shwa

Tucker likes this.
  4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I was repping 245lbs a month ago. But I missed about 3 weeks of weight-lifting due to a bad wrist, being sick, and a trip.

So the weight dropped I probably could rep about 225lbs maybe 230lbs now. I intend to start back this week.

I don't do 'max outs' I was taught to never do them.

I do have a goal to be repping 300lbs by the end of the summer. Although, taking this month off will set me back.

My max would probably be about 400lbs.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  5. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort Registered Member

3 years ago as a senior in high school i bench pressed 320lbs, body weight 225lbs

now i havent been on a lifting routine in years...last time i hopped on a bench my max was around 240, and i still weigh around 225:shake: