whats your away message?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Aug 31, 2008.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

haha stupid question but honestly I have seen some really ridiculous away messages from people that are like a short novel on the persons life. Kind of wack to read but anyways what do you put on yours? when you use aim,aol or whatever you use. Mine is usually nothing but now i don't even use away messages i just sign off, just asking this question because I was bored/curious haha

2. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

i have aim and mine is usually a funny quote, for the time being its "save a drum, bang a drummer"

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I actually have a ton. Which one I use depends on what I'm doing. My away messages generally tell what I'm doing. I have a seperate one for each day of the week for classes, one for if I'm eating, etc...

If I don't feel like getting into great detail, my default one is "Enter away messageI'm not here. Leave me a message if you want to. Or don't. It's up to you."

4. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I have about a bajillion that I rotate through, depending on my mood. I'm bored - I'll post them all here.

- What, a play toward? I'll be an auditor An actor, too, perhaps, if I see cause
    - I'll follow you, I'll lead you about a round Through bog, through bush, through brake, through briar Sometime a horse I'll be, sometime a hound A hog, a headless bear, sometime a fire And neigh and bark and grunt and roar and burn Like horse, hound, hog, bear, fire, at every turn.
    - Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night. I jest to Oberon, and make him smile, When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile
    - Mattress Warning: Do not attempt to swallow [[ funny warning label ]]
    - Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box) Do not turn upside down. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - Disposable razor: Do not use this product during an earthquake. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - Warning: Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow Not intended for highway use. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - Microwave Oven: Do not use for drying pets. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - Small print from a car commercial which shows a vehicle "body-surfing" at a concert: Always drive on roads. Not on people.
    - Instructions on the packaging for a muffin at a 7-11: Remove wrapper, open mouth, insert muffin, eat.
    - Container of lighter fluid: WARNING: Contents flammable! [[ funny warning label ]]
    - On a Swedish chain-saw: warning: do not attempt to stop saw with hands or genitals
    - Toilet Plunger Caution: Do not use near power lines. [[ funny warning label ]]
    - "i put the sexy in dyslexia"
    - I'm alphabetizing my M&Ms
    - I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges
    - Customer: "I think I broke the Internet!" Tech Support: "So it was you!" Customer: (click)
    - "Through all the world there goes one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me leave to do my utmost!"
    - “Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have. It’s much sexier than any body part.” –Aimee Mullins
    - If G-d is a DJ Life is a dance floor Love is a rhythm You are the music
    - working hard or hardly working?
    - There's a man who no one sees/ there's a man who lives alone/ there's a heart that beats in silence for a life he's never known...
    - I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.
    - Love makes the world go 'round. No wonder I'm kinda dizzy.
    - Theatre girls don't break boy's hearts. They steal their scripts and wish them GOOD LUCK!
    - "There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them or turn them into literature." -Stephen Stills

5. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

maybe sleeping
    maybe away
    maybe avoiding you (now this got a lot of responses, people in my list suddenly sending me msgs asking if I'm avoiding them)

One time I put a very long message (maximum that ym can allow) just to check who is bored enough to read the entire thing. And some people actually did!

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've developed a reputation for never having one. I just leave and if somebody tries to contact me while I'm gone they don't get a reply back. :lol:

8. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

on aim yours shows as "I am away from my computer right now."

but it stays at that all the time, you never change it or anything :lol: which oddly enough actually makes me not IM you just in case you really are gone whenever i see it...

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

i don't use away a lot so I just left it at the default one

"I am away from my computer right now"

Usually when I'm done I'll sign off, since it saves my password I can easily log right back in.

10. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

the one I use when I'm eating is " | F | O | O | D | : my anti-hunger"

when I'm praying its "iPray"