• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question What's your all time favorite sides?

whiteraven

Registered Member
When it comes to sides for like dinner. I've had a few of my favorites over the years.

Restarant side dishes can vary. Steamed broccolli, seasoned rice and side salads. But I think the best ones that most use at home are, buttered corn, green beans and cole slaw.

What's your favorites?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are several side dishes that I love but my all time favorite would have to be baked beans. I also like sour cream potato salad real well with a sandwich. I have to say that any side that I have too much loses its appeal.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I love mashed potatoes. I could eat them every day all day. Now that I'm an "adult" I can make my own and I add such a ridiculous amount of butter in them, but they're delicious!

Elanor

Registered Member
Mine is definitely chips! (fries for the Americans :)) They go with nearly everything, which makes deciding what to have for dinner some nights a bit easier. Onion rings are also pretty amazing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mashed potatoes and corn! I can match them up with damn near every meal that I eat. I also love brussels sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, and yellow rice.

dDave

V.I.P.
I love mashed potatoes. I could eat them every day all day. Now that I'm an "adult" I can make my own and I add such a ridiculous amount of butter in them, but they're delicious!
You read my mind! Mashed potatoes with extra butter, extra gravy. mmm :lick: Sometimes I'll add seasoning to them as well. That's some good stuff right there.

I'm also a huge fan of onion rings, they have to be done correctly though. Red Robin is a great example of onion rings done right. I've never made them at home though.

A side salad is good for anything though. House, Caesar, I don't care, it's all good.

Fries are ok, nothing special in my mind.