• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What's Your All-Time Favorite Book?

leopard22

Registered Member
Mine has got to be Stephen King's "The Stand" ... has anyone else read it? I re-read it every few years and still get new stuff out of it. I think it's the best thing he has ever written.

I'm kind of a fan of end-of-the-world books and a huge sci-fi reader.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So far it's Catch-22 by Joesph Heller. I just love that book. The structure and language, and just the struggle that Yossarrian has to go through. It's perfect for me and my life.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
That's an easy one...Douglas Adams The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Thermal

Registered Member
My favorite non-technical book is probably Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. I remember when I first read the book in High School, I used to play hookie so I could read a couple chapters.

leopard22

Registered Member
What? No one's favorite is the "Little House on the Prairie" series or something like that? We indeed are deep thinkers on this forum. :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really liked the Jurassic Park and Lost World novels by Michael Crichton.

My favorite book that I HAD to read back in my high school days was "Animal Farm." I thought it was a really good story actually, and the fact that it used symbolism to compare to Stalin was very interesting as well.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
It's a toss up between Little Women and The Crosswick Journals by Madeleine L'Engle .

sbarber77

Registered Member
My all time favorite?? I hate questions like this where I can only pick one 'cause it is way too hard for me to choose. I am a book junkie.

I guess if I have to pick just one....can you tell I am stalling and still thinking. And I bet once I type one and hit the submit button I'll go.....Doh! And wish I had chosen something else.

I think though that I am going to choose To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

And....the Little House series is written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. If you want to learn more about them go here:
Little House Books

I was very excited as a child when I got to visit the birth place of Laura Ingalls Wilder as I loved the Little House books when I was growing up.

pantherace

Registered Member
I love The Stand as well. I think I'm going to have to go with King's Dark Tower series though. I might be obsessed with them. Or George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series.