What's wrong with the Patriots?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's wrong with the Patriots, they had problems beating the Bills in week one and now they lost to the Jets, seriously their season is over. Insert sarcasm.

Am I the only one tired of hearing this bull shit, now I hate the Patriots and I want them to fail, but it's only week two there's a lot of football left to be played. Brady is coming off a major surgery it's obvious he won't go in there right away and perform the way he did before his surgery.

Seriously Football analyst start covering something else, it's getting annoying, if there still under achieving after week six or seven then you can start talking about it, but not this early.

Anyone else fill the same way as I do?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes I'm extremely tired of hearing about the Patriots, just like I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre and Michael Vick.

They've lost some guys from that defense, Brady needs to shake off some rust, big deal, let it go already. If they're 3-5 midway through the season and Brady has a QB rating below 70 then fine, talk about what's wrong. But at this point, it's not a story.

Well I'd rather hear them talk about how bad they are doing for two-three weeks than have to listen to the glorious praises of Brady and his boys. They play good football, and I respect the team, but DAMN I'm tired of hearing about how great they've been.

The fact is: they are a different team now.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There coach is a terrible sport, for one. When losing the superbowl several years back he was interviewed and asked how it felt to lose. Instead of first off congratulating the winning team for a game well played and saying how everybody tried hard, etc, the usual post game stuff, he simply said:

"Feels bad."

And went on to wait for the next question. What a loser.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'm gonna go with the fact that we lost our veteran defense. Hobbs went to the Eagles, Seymour went to the Raiders, Bruschi retired, and Harrison went to the Chargers. Those 4 men were the core of our defense.

Not to mention the 2nd game against the Jets Welker was out... we're not the 2001-2002 team that we once were. :(

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
There coach is a terrible sport, for one. When losing the superbowl several years back he was interviewed and asked how it felt to lose. Instead of first off congratulating the winning team for a game well played and saying how everybody tried hard, etc, the usual post game stuff, he simply said:

"Feels bad."

You don't watch a lot of football, do you? You probably don't follow the Patriots a lot either I'd imagine. Bill is a quiet, humble guy, that's the whole focus of the team. I mean, the Jets trash talked the Pats the whole week leading up to it, it was pathetic. They certainly didn't deliver either because they kept commenting about how they're going to embarrass the Pats (which they didn't).

The Patriots lost three major defenders in Bruschi, Seymour, and Mayo. They also have a quarterback who is just regaining his bearings. Simply put, the Patriots are not crippled, but they would be in the rehab stage if I had to name it. They've got to build up their confidence and get some serious practice in because they've looked really sloppy lately.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that they lost some key guys on defense which aren't easy to replace. But instead of saying what's wrong with the Patriots give them time, their talking like their suppose to win every single game and losing one is the end of the world. There's a lot more interesting stories to cover in the NFL then the NFL analyst asking each other why New England are only 1-1.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think there's any doubt that Belichick is a douchbage of a human being but you have to somewhat respect him in that he gets the job done.

Brady isn't the same player...there's a lot of mental stuff he needs to get back from after the knee surgery.

And like what was mentioned the defense just isnt' the same. You can't expect them to win all of their games but I still think they'll make the playoffs.

They also need Wes Welker back and in a hurry.

"Feels bad."

At least he's honest about it, instead of being fake like the rest of them.

Nothing is wrong with the Patriots, they'll still make the playoffsa nd will still be a Super Bowl contender. Brady hasn't played football in a year, it's going to take some time to get back to 100%. When he does, they'll be good again.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't think there's any doubt that Belichick is a douchbage of a human being but you have to somewhat respect him in that he gets the job done.
I love how everyone says this and has absolutely no proof to back it up. At least when I say that TO or Ocho Cinco is a dick I have reasons. Does anyone have a reason to hate him outside of that pathetic "spygate" box of exaggerations?

They also need Wes Welker back and in a hurry.
Amen.