What's wrong with seeing someone wearing the underwear?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I was wondering why we feel ashamed to see each other on underwear when we've seen people at the beach, exposing their bodies, using another type of "underwear" which is no more different (though colored) than the classic underwear.
What's there to hide when you've seen me wearing the beach costume, the same way as I wear my bra and the panties?

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I definitely understand your point of view, makes sense to me.

I think the moral issue comes with the "right place, right time" viewpoint. But I say if you're confident with your body and the right person/people are around, go for it.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess it's just the look of them...or the look of some of them.

But really, you're right...is it that much different?

So according to Elly we should all be able to run around in our boxers, briefs, bras and panties. I like the way you think!

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Let's take it one step further. What's wrong with seeing someone naked?

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I don't like to be seen in only my bathing suit any more than I like to be seen in a bra and underwear, so I tend to wear long board shorts with my bathing suits. I don't mind the top being in just a bathing suit top or just a bra with close friends and people with whom I cam comfortable (as long as its not sheer), but I know that is just my personal preference.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I dont see anything wrong with it. We were not born wearing underwear but I dont think we should be ashamed of it just cause it's man-made. :D Besides, it has lots of great colors and patterns and prolly looks better than swim stuff! But since people wear "underwear" at the beaches, why not just wear it all the time! :nod:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Let's take it one step further. What's wrong with seeing someone naked?
Well..that's completely another topic. I remember we've had a thread about this in the Philosophy forum.
Going naked could be natural, just as it is for animals but given that we're humans, we've created rules of morals and one of them is the way we dress ourselves in public.

Millz said:
So according to Elly we should all be able to run around in our boxers, briefs, bras and panties. I like the way you think!
Sarcastic?

Anyway, I didn't say we should run around in panties and bras but if by chance I happen to see you in panties, you don't need to feel ashamed because I've already seen your body shape when you used to wear the beach costume.

For example, a few of my girlfriends feel ashamed if I see them in panties [when we're at the same room getting dressed/undressed] while to me this doesn't make sense because I've already seen their bodies[almost naked] at the beach.

That's what I mean by this thread.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
Well to be honest, most people who I've seen in their underwear, are either the ones who feel most comfortable around me and don't care if myself in particular see them, or are the ones that are willing to parade around the beaches in their bikinis. If I haven't seen them in their underwear, or have seen them and they have felt ashamed or whatever, they're the ones who cover up more on the beaches.

Basically, the ones that are ashamed to be seen in their underwear are the ones who don't go around the beaches in their bikinis. From my experience, the ones that wear bikinis at the beach, don't care about stripping down to their underwear in front of people.