TV What's with Scifi?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nightsurfer, Apr 26, 2007.

?

Do you think wrestleing should be on the scifi channel?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2007.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all.

This one is driveing me sane! For those of you who know mw you know I'm a bit nuts and off my rocker (in a good way)

I am a huhe scifi fan. I love to wach scifi channel but now they are putting wrestleing on! What the hell? When did that junk get bumped in to the ranks of scifi?

Are they just stoned or that flipping stupid? What the hell does wrestleing have to do with scifi?

Shouldnt that junk be on spike or something?
    Anyway sound off if you think it's a bit screwed up.
    Tell us what you think on the subject, rotting minds wanna know!

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Nah, it shouldn't be on there. It's not science fiction at all.

3. Nightsurfer

I mean go figure....How in the Hell do they even think it classifies as scifi..

Ok well the costumes are fake and it's all scripted but still...How? Who is the bright idiot who came up with that one...What's next? Arena football...

Gods I hope not! Hell there so many other better things that they can have on than Wrestleing..
    That's what spike is for!

Damn you Scifi!!!!!

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

IT can't go on Spike because Spike runs another wrestling promotion.

Yeah, SciFi is starting to sell out. They play movies that have nothing to do with Science Fiction anymore. I wish they would have picked up Firefly, though, I loved that show and I really wanted to see new episodes.

5. nangel78

nangel78 Registered Member

Wrestling on Scifi does seem bizarre. I do not see it fitting in there.

6. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Wrestling is on Sci-Fi because Wrestling is on USA Network and one company owns both Sci-Fi and USA. Sci-Fi is definitely the wrong place for wrestling, but I guess Sci-Fi was hoping to attract a larger audience for their other programming by advertising during the wrestling show. It's all about the money here.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The movies the Sci-Fi channel puts on are absolute shit, they suck something long and hard. Hell, wrestling has a higher production value and the only special effects they use are pyrotechnics.

Crap groups with crap.

8. Nightsurfer

yes but it still sucks! And just cause you own a sister station doesn't mean shit.
    Sci fi has some good stuff on but i change the channel when that shit comes on.
    Keep it on USA we don't like it..Hell if you go into their feedback area almost everyone who has posted has asked them to take that shit away!

there so many other shows and movies that they can play...Oh yeah and enough with the damn ghost hunters too!

While they are at it they need to kill off Flash (it sucks balls)..I think they need to go back to their orignal format..That was the best..That's why I came there and i will stop going to scifi if they keep this crap up.

Good thing I have a killer stash of scifi and horror flicks.

But i still say that grown men rolling around in funny underweare needs to go some place else..Not on Scifi

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Men in funny underwear . . . not allowed.

Killer *insert bug/animal/creature name here* . . . cool?

10. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Most of Sci-Fi's "original" movies are terrible. They're low B-grade junk. How many times can they do killer snakes and expect people to watch it? I never watch Sci-Fi on the weekends because it's the same old movie reruns now.

It does to the company that owns Sci-Fi. ;) Sci-Fi recycles a lot of programming from USA, because they don't really have a choice about it. The parent company views Sci-Fi as just another place to show whatever they want.

Ghost Hunter's is pretty good. It's the closest thing Sci-Fi can get to a reality show. That's why they run it so much. I do wish they would cut back a little on the reruns, but the show itself isn't half bad.

I agree, and that's why I've already left except for the occasional movie or new episode of Stargate. Sci-Fi used to be one of my favorite channels, but now I usually just flip past it without even looking at what is on.